"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 04-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #11
Executive Chef

You are seriously making me wish I could tour Italy for a year just to try out a bunch of the different pasta preparations.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #12
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Bounasera, Luca. Grazie, Grazie!

Old 05-23-2012, 03:47 AM   #13
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margi Cintrano View Post
Buonasera Luca,

Como stai ? I am writing this note to let you know that I have read your informative post on my favorite country´s Pasta Varieties. Enjoyed and thanks for posting.

Grazie,
Kind regards.
Margi Cintrano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Thanks, Luca. our two-part treatise is very informative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Thank you for the interesting and informative post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Good stuff, Luca! Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Bounasera, Luca. Grazie, Grazie!
You're welcome friends! Today I'll start working on the next release
Old 05-23-2012, 03:51 AM   #14
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
You are seriously making me wish I could tour Italy for a year just to try out a bunch of the different pasta preparations.
You could start from the northwestern shores of Liguria and their trenette al pesto, go south along the coastline and taste a couple of pasta recipes in every region... But don't forget fish and meat, cheese and cold cuts, vegetables and cakes, fruit and liquor, wine and beer, bread and pizza, soups and pulses, ice-creams and granite...
Old 05-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca Lazzari

You could start from the northwestern shores of Liguria and their trenette al pesto, go south along the coastline and taste a couple of pasta recipes in every region... But don't forget fish and meat, cheese and cold cuts, vegetables and cakes, fruit and liquor, wine and beer, bread and pizza, soups and pulses, ice-creams and granite...
So what your saying is, I should hike through Italy so I don't end up gaining 100lbs. :) In all seriousness, Italy is in the top 5 of places I'd like to visit.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #16
Sous Chef

Quote:
So what your saying is, I should hike through Italy so I don't end up gaining 100lbs. :) In all seriousness, Italy is in the top 5 of places I'd like to visit.
Yes, you'd better take the "cavallo di San Francesco", Saint Francis of Assisi's horse, which means go walking! In this way you'll be able to devour tons of food without loosing your shape
Old 05-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca Lazzari

Yes, you'd better take the "cavallo di San Francesco", Saint Francis of Assisi's horse, which means go walking! In this way you'll be able to devour tons of food without loosing your shape
Well, currently my shape is round and lumpyish with a hint of female curves so maybe I'll have to do enough of the walking that it would help me improve my shape.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #18
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
You'll be carrying me along, right?
Old 05-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Of all the fun shapes of macaroni products in Italy, my favorite one is bucatini. It is long, thick, has a hole down the center and you can only pick up one strand at a time. And it doesn't like to twirl around your fork. The only brand that I have found that sells it in my area is Pastene. It is an imported brand.

Lyda uses it a lot on her shows. It does take much longer to cook than finer products, but you can never cook it past al dente. Seat several children down with a plate of bucitini then stand back to watch the fun. It is like they are eating a plate of straws. They usually give up with the fork and start using their fingers. Sucking up one strand at a time.

Okay kids, start playing with your food.

Tags
italian, other, pasta