Luca’s meat lasagna easy recipe – Franca’s style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My DW hates mushrooms, but I always add them to my lasagna, and she loves it. I make sure she doesn't know they are there. i once made it without and she told me that lasagna did not taste as good that time. Luka, make it the way you alwasy do, she'll love it. ;)

Luca,

Bellísima post and fotos !

Did not even see this one ...

Yes, Emilia is home to the Ragù and lasagne.

Next week, I plan to do one for the twins and Nathalia and Christophe and the Vet and I ...

Grazie,

Happy Holidays.

Feliz Pascuas.

Margi.

When I make lasagna I alternate the directions of the strips of pasta. It helps hold the piece together when you cut it. I also use the lasanga with the lines. Doesn't matter if it is curly or not. :)

@ Pierogi Princess: Lasagne di Luca

@ Perogi Princess,

Thanks for your lovely note ...

I am 50% Italian and I too, have my Grandmom Margherite´s inheritance of all her trattoria recipes and from her mother, who I had never known ...

However, Luca is wonderful, and I always enjoy his recipes, as he does mines, his feedback and coaching ... Truly lovely Gent.

The Vet and I are over in Gargano Peninsula, Puglia, Italia at our condo now and I am going to make some home made RICOTTA CHEESE later this evening ... I shall post in Ethnic or Cheeses. It is truly very simple ...

Where are you from in the USA ?

I had lived in Manhattan, San Francisco and South Miami Beach many many centuries ago. I am in Mediterranean since 1992. Prior, to coming here I had lived in Uruguay, Brazil ( waygu ), Buenos Aires, and Mexico D.F. University due to the Vet´s profession. He is in the inner circles of Cattle Medicinal Treatment ...

Have a lovely Holiday ...
Margi. Cintrano.

Margi,

Thank you also for your wonderful note, your portfolio is incredible, all he places you have gone and lived is wonderful. Unfortunately, I am not that lucky to have traveled in my lifetime, financial constraints have not make that possible. I was born (1953) and raised in Detroit, Michigan, USA until the age of 16 years old and my family moved to the suburbs of Detroit (Warren, Michigan) due to racial unrest in the city. After I graduated from college, I moved on my own to a suburb of Centerline, then Roseville and now I am fortunate enough to have the the resources to live in the country in Michigan. I live in a small town of Columbus Township, MI surrounded by farms, I have 11 acres of God created beauty where the wildlife is abundant.

It is very quite and peaceful and I can focus on my passion of cooking which Luca has been instrumental in educating me. I am 100% polish, married and no children, and love to learn "outside the box" if you will. Italian cuisine is my favorite and second is Mediterranean then Japanese and Chinese. My husband has some German in him and I have been playing with German cuisine and have been surprisingly successful. I will be looking forward to your Ricotta Cheese recipe, I have never made cheese and would love to learn how.

It was wonderful corresponding with you and hope to do so again soon. You have a wonderful Holiday also. I am having Easter dinner at my home, if you have any "special" Holiday recipe's for me to make to make the day special, I look forward to it.

Sincerely,

Gale;)

@ Pierogi,

What a lovely note ... thanks for sharing ...

I am 50% Italian, 50% Swiss French ... my love however, is Italian cuisine ... and Mediterranean ...

I was born in Manhattan, raised in Vancouver. Moved to live with my Paternal Grandmom Margherite at 18 where I attended NYU School of Journalism ...

Well, of course, walked down the wrong side of the tracks a bit, and had my 1st daughter very young. Then a year and 3 mos. later the 2nd --- then, learnt a hard lesson and the B.C. Pill ... The Vet married me and has been my best friend since ... However, I left the USA back in the 1986 for Punta de Este, Uruguay ... The Vet´s Professional Opportunity ...

Well... he is Italian and when my Grandmom passed on at 97, she left me her recipes written in Italian ... I worked for my Grandmom during University and my Pregnancies ... front of the house ... learnt all from her and studied wines ... however, mom and dad, said, NO to restaurants, and hard long hours on feet or I would of done the Culinary Chef Route ...

I have taken uncountable courses over the years ...

So, this is my soap opera ... telenovela.

Kindest and Happy Holidays.
Margi.

@ Pierogi,

What a lovely note ... thanks for sharing ...

I am 50% Italian, 50% Swiss French ... my love however, is Italian cuisine ... and Mediterranean ...

I was born in Manhattan, raised in Vancouver. Moved to live with my Paternal Grandmom Margherite at 18 where I attended NYU School of Journalism ...

Well, of course, walked down the wrong side of the tracks a bit, and had my 1st daughter very young. Then a year and 3 mos. later the 2nd --- then, learnt a hard lesson and the B.C. Pill ... The Vet married me and has been my best friend since ... However, I left the USA back in the 1986 for Punta de Este, Uruguay ... The Vet´s Professional Opportunity ...

Well... he is Italian and when my Grandmom passed on at 97, she left me her recipes written in Italian ... I worked for my Grandmom during University and my Pregnancies ... front of the house ... learnt all from her and studied wines ... however, mom and dad, said, NO to restaurants, and hard long hours on feet or I would of done the Culinary Chef Route ...

I have taken uncountable courses over the years ...

So, this is my soap opera ... telenovela.

Kindest and Happy Holidays.
Margi.

Sounds like Mom and Dad knew best. You have the best from the world of food today. Decent hours, family and time for friends. And look at all the traveling you get to do. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom