Luca’s meat lasagna easy recipe – Franca’s style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@ Addie,

Thanks for your lovely note too ... Yes, we do travel quite a bit ... So do my two lovely gals ... We were born with wings and wheels ... We say, we are the GLOBETROTTING family ...

However, it is also part of my journalism profession as I am the Food and Wine and Travel Editor and I do travel about Spain quite a bit ...

Yes, my parents knew how hard paternal Grandmom Margherite labored in her Trattoria. So, the next best route, was a Food, wine and Travel Writer ...

Thanks for feedback and input.
Happy Holidays Addie,

Margi.

@ Pierogi,

What a lovely note ... thanks for sharing ...

I am 50% Italian, 50% Swiss French ... my love however, is Italian cuisine ... and Mediterranean ...

I was born in Manhattan, raised in Vancouver. Moved to live with my Paternal Grandmom Margherite at 18 where I attended NYU School of Journalism ...

Well, of course, walked down the wrong side of the tracks a bit, and had my 1st daughter very young. Then a year and 3 mos. later the 2nd --- then, learnt a hard lesson and the B.C. Pill ... The Vet married me and has been my best friend since ... However, I left the USA back in the 1986 for Punta de Este, Uruguay ... The Vet´s Professional Opportunity ...

Well... he is Italian and when my Grandmom passed on at 97, she left me her recipes written in Italian ... I worked for my Grandmom during University and my Pregnancies ... front of the house ... learnt all from her and studied wines ... however, mom and dad, said, NO to restaurants, and hard long hours on feet or I would of done the Culinary Chef Route ...

I have taken uncountable courses over the years ...

So, this is my soap opera ... telenovela.

Kindest and Happy Holidays.
Margi.

It was lovely learning about you interesting life, however, I am not that interesting, but love corresponding with you. My e-mail address is: croreyg@yahoo.com if you feel like corresponding that way.

Best wishes,

Gale

Ciao Luca! Today is a rainy day in Rhode Island, and I got to thinking about this recipe you shared many months back. So I just wanted you to know that tonight your recipe will be starring for cena. Mi oldest 3 children began college today, and as we all lived in Sicily for many years, the flavors of your mother-in-law's lasagna will surely put a smile on their face and a rumble in their belly anticipating their first bite. :) Wishing you all the best and many thanks!

Ciao Luca! Today is a rainy day in Rhode Island, and I got to thinking about this recipe you shared many months back. So I just wanted you to know that tonight your recipe will be starring for cena. Mi oldest 3 children began college today, and as we all lived in Sicily for many years, the flavors of your mother-in-law's lasagna will surely put a smile on their face and a rumble in their belly anticipating their first bite. :) Wishing you all the best and many thanks!

You're welcome Janina

Well, I hope my MIL recipe will turn out good for your family!

Thank you so much, Janina, and buon appetito :)

Grazie mille, Luca. La lasagne era fantastico!

I hope that's correct. The lasagna was delicious. My darling SO liked it too.

I cooked it as you directed with the addition of a little shallot and garlic to the tomato sauce. I now have a lasagna without ricotta that we both like. I used Barilla no boil lasagna noodles. I did boil them as you suggested so they were easy to handle. I like these noodles as they are thin. It keeps the lasagna from being too heavy from the dough.

Thank you for sharing your late mother-in-law's recipe.

Last edited:
Grazie mille, Luca. La lasagne era fantastico!

I hope that's correct. The lasagna was delicious. My darling SO liked it too.

You're welcome! Obviously, credit goes to blessed Franca.

I cooked it as you directed with the addition of a little shallot and garlic to the tomato sauce. I now have a lasagna without ricotta that we both like. I used Barilla no boil lasagna noodles. I did boil them as you suggested so they were easy to handle. I like these noodles as they are thin. It keeps the lasagna from being too heavy from the dough.

Thank you for sharing your late mother-in-law's recipe.

Thanks for your comments andy M.! Next time Ill try adding some shallot and garlic to the sauce, as you suggest.
It's such a beautiful feeling when someone try your recipe and they turn out good :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom