Lupini beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aunt Bea

Master Chef
I was reading one of my Italian American cookbooks and came across a recipe for Lupini beans as a traditional appetizer for Christmas day. The recipe was typical of those given by experienced cooks: Toss Lupini beans with best olive oil and a teaspoon of red pepper flakes, let sit overnight, enjoy. Do any of you make these? If so could you elaborate on the procedure. I have seen dried, "pickled" and fresh Lupini beans but I am not sure what is used for these marinated beans.

Also any other uses for these beans would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

I was reading one of my Italian American cookbooks and came across a recipe for Lupini beans as a traditional appetizer for Christmas day. The recipe was typical of those given by experienced cooks: Toss Lupini beans with best olive oil and a teaspoon of red pepper flakes, let sit overnight, enjoy. Do any of you make these? If so could you elaborate on the procedure. I have seen dried, "pickled" and fresh Lupini beans but I am not sure what is used for these marinated beans.

Also any other uses for these beans would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

BUONI!!!! I forgot these wonderful, HOT, lupini. I used to eat them some years ago, when I used to meet some friends of mine coming from southern Italy.
I never prepared them, in Italy you can easily find them at the market, so you don't need to do them yourself.
I don't think that the procedure has to be more elaborate than that (all the lupini that you can buy in Italy are sold cooked, AFAIK), from what I recall the final recipe is just lupini, olive oil and red pieces of hot red pepper (but not black pepper).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom