"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 08-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I use a butter flavored spray before adding seasonings.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

I toss air-popped popcorn with homemade curry powder. The curry powder seems to stick to the popcorn (and my fingers).

Old 08-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Nothing sticks to your fingers like Florescent Orange Cheetoh's. That cheesey stuff makes a perfect bookmark for whatever you are currently reading. You can always tell where you left off when you accidentally fall asleep, just by looking at the page corners. I think that is what the OP is trying to achieve. Not that "I" ever eat this stuff. Ok, once in awhile
Old 10-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #14
Master Chef

Buy popcorn spice, that stuff sticks to anything. You get loads of flavours too.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #15
Head Chef

I think an old Weight Watchers trick is to very lightly spray a mist of plain old water onto popcorn to get stuff to stick to it.

We are fed by a food industry which pays no attention to health, and healed by a health industry that pays no attention to food - Wendell Berry
Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recipe, spices

Making spices stick to popcorn w/o saturates Hey guys, I have been trying different methods to make spices stick to popcorn without butter, oil or any other liquids that contain saturated fats. My aim is to use a spray to release a diluted solution which has a grounded spice mixed into it such as cumin - but note that I haven't used a spray yet to try this as had problems getting an appropriate one so I'm not sure how well it'll work. However, let's assume the spray works, now I have the problem of what liquid to use. At first I thought water on it's own would be enough but then I thought that this might lead the pop corn to becoming more wet, with less of a sticky action. I haven't yet tried this as I said because I need to get a spray, nonetheless I would appreciate suggestions about ways to spray spices on popcorn. The obvious method of just sprinkling it on is that it ends at the bottom. Much appreciated as it's been a real head scratcher for me for many weeks now and I'm very fond of popped corn. In particular, are there any molecular ingredients that can be added to a water solution to increase stickiness such as lecithin, except this ingredient if I understand correctly leads to the opposite effect of non-stick. 3 stars 1 reviews