Mardi Gras Pasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SharonT

Sous Chef
MARDI GRAS PASTA
1 pound shrimp
1/2 pound crabmeat
3/4 pound sliced andouille or Italian sausage
3/4 pound pasta, cooked
1/2 stick butter
1 tablespoon garlic
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1 cup diced Creole tomatoes (Roma okay)
1 ounce dry white wine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup heavy whipping cream
purple cabbage
sliced yellow pepper
parsley
kosher salt and cracked pepper; to taste

In a very large heavy-bottomed skillet or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic and andouille. Sauté about 5 minutes; add green onions and mushrooms and red peppers; sauté until vegetables are wilted. Add shrimp and crab and tomatoes, and stir, cooking 3-5 minutes.
Add white wine, lemon juice and heavy whipping cream. Bring to a low boil. Reduce to simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until whipping cream is reduced to a sauce-like consistency. Season to taste using Kosher salt and coarsely ground pepper. Fold the hot pasta into the sauce. Serve immediately.

The purple cabbage and yellow pepper should be cut into strips. Blanch in boiling salted water (separately) for garnishing the platter, along with parsley sprigs.

Attachments

• mardi gras pasta.jpg
    mardi gras pasta.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,480
MARDI GRAS PASTA
1 pound shrimp
1/2 pound crabmeat
3/4 pound sliced andouille or Italian sausage
3/4 pound pasta, cooked
1/2 stick butter
1 tablespoon garlic
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1 cup diced Creole tomatoes (Roma okay)
1 ounce dry white wine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup heavy whipping cream
purple cabbage
sliced yellow pepper
parsley
kosher salt and cracked pepper; to taste

In a very large heavy-bottomed skillet or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic and andouille. Sauté about 5 minutes; add green onions and mushrooms and red peppers; sauté until vegetables are wilted. Add shrimp and crab and tomatoes, and stir, cooking 3-5 minutes.
Add white wine, lemon juice and heavy whipping cream. Bring to a low boil. Reduce to simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until whipping cream is reduced to a sauce-like consistency. Season to taste using Kosher salt and coarsely ground pepper. Fold the hot pasta into the sauce. Serve immediately.

The purple cabbage and yellow pepper should be cut into strips. Blanch in boiling salted water (separately) for garnishing the platter, along with parsley sprigs.
That looks awesome!!!! When's dinner?

1 more copied and saved. thanks sha-ront.

looking at the recipe, i think i'd reserve half of the crabmeat to place whole on top when serving since it's so delicate.

I agree with everyone's compliments, Sharon, and am looking forward to trying your recipe. Can I cook it anytime I want, or is it a dish meant only for Fridays when I feel like getting Fat?

Back
Top Bottom