Meet The Monster...my new pasta drying rack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Audeo

Head Chef
In a previous post, I mentioned to Darkstream that my youngest son had built a drying rack for me out of Home Depot procurred wood and some stainless mesh. Darkstream wanted to see it and now that my batteries are well charged...

pastarack.jpg

In moments like these, a mother's pride in her son is beyond words... And the darned thing works GREAT as the flour on the mesh (and my cabinets) will suggest!

Yes, PA, it really is handy. It came about one day when the linguini I had made had stretched a bit and I was just a little irritable about it. Son asked the brilliant question of why I didn't just dry the pasta laying out flat. I explained that it didn't dry evenly laying on a towel, so I keep hanging it without a better idea.

The next thing you know, he was returning from Home depot with two long sections of wood, about a foot of doweling and grabbing the roll of stainless steel mesh I had found and hoarded. He whipped this up by the next day, then grinned from ear to ear as he asked for $10 for gas money! (I gave him $20!) ;)

Kudos to young son! And what a neat, meticulous job it is. You are lucky to have a teen so generous with his time as to spend it on his mom!

It is great to have a bright and thoughtful child. It says a lot about the parent!

Thank you, ladies! He's a real keeper, for sure. Probably has a career in politics ahead of him, too!! Noooooooo!

When I was growing up, my mother and grandmother would dry extra pasta on a balcony and on the roof during the summer.

Pazzo said:
When I was growing up, my mother and grandmother would dry extra pasta on a balcony and on the roof during the summer.

That's beautiful! The "Keep It Simple Stupid" method in profound action!!!

I love your new pasta drying rack Audeo. Could I borrow it? Or could I borrow your son, some steel mesh, wood, and dowels? lol

:) Barbara

Absolutely, Barbara!!! (He is a handy fellow!) We put it into action again yesterday to dry some "birds nests" of angel hair. I just love the thing!!

Themonsterinuse.jpg

Back
Top Bottom