Menestra Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PastaKing

Senior Cook
If you never heard of it here it is: water,olive oil, garlic, and salt. You really only put about 2 fingers of water and I would say about qrt cup of olive oil, maybe a teaspoon or two of the salt and garlic. Boil everything together for a really good sauce. For extra flavor cut up about 2 or 3 plum tomato's.

Interesting. Have you tried it yet?
And by two fingers, do you mean two fingers deep? In what size pan? When do you add the tomatoes?

That's interesting, as Minestra is an Italian word for SOUP!

actually, the combination you described sounds a lot like the soup Aigo Bouido, which is basically garlic, olive oil and water.

and menestra is the name of a spanish dish that has plenty of different fresh vegetables and some meat, all cooked together

It is interesting guys, just like Pasta Primaveria can be made a few ways so can this dish I guess.

To answer some questions, you don't use a pan you use a pot. By 2 fingers I mine long ways not deep.

I do know that my family makes a few soups this way with a lot more water of course, however with this dish the Menestra is a sauce not a broth.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom