Middle Eastern recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maarya Alireza

Assistant Cook
Hi,

I want to make Hummus, any suggestions on what else I should add other than the ingredient I have listed?:chef:

Welcome to DC.

Beyond the standard ingredients for hummus, you can add many other flavors. I like Kalamata olive hummus and roasted red pepper hummus.

One of my favorite cookbooks is Otolengi's Jerusalem, which has a ton of good Middle Eastern recipes, they are also fairly accessible, i.e they have available ingredients etc.. I'd start there.

I keep hummus simple, using other beans if I have no chick peas, and subbed peanut butter once when I had no tahini (husband couldn't tell the difference), use red pepper flakes, but I add sides like raw:tomato, zucc, crookneck, carrot, radish, celery, and flat bread pieces. Works a lot like guacamole in my house.

Hi,

I want to make Hummus, any suggestions on what else I should add other than the ingredient I have listed?:chef:
Just a point from a serial hummus maker - cook your own chick peas! I know you can get away with canned chick peas but until you make it with ones you've cooked yourself you won't know how REALLY good home-made hummus can be.

Just a point from a serial hummus maker - cook your own chick peas! I know you can get away with canned chick peas but until you make it with ones you've cooked yourself you won't know how REALLY good home-made hummus can be.

+1. Craig would NOT eat hummus until I cooked the chickpeas from dried and then he thought it was really good. World of difference.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom