"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...
Old 12-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #21
Certified Cake Maniac
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
Thank you laurie. XOXOXOXOX Hows your tummy today?
I managed to get down the rice noodles and spring roll DH left me for breakfast, and a mini bagel and yogurt for lunch. It was bad before that, but the doctor gave me something to take before my meals which seems to help a little. Things still don't taste the way they should though, but they stay down which is most important.

Thanks so much for asking. I can't wait until I feel well enough to try some of your recipes!

"Variety is not just the spice of life, it is the key to life" - Chef Michael Smith

LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote

broccoli, garlic, oil, pasta, recipe

Ms Mofet's Pasta with Broccoli Aglio Olio (With Garlic and Olive Oil) [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][B][U]Ms Mofet's Pasta with Broccoli Aglio Olio (With Garlic and Olive Oil)[/U][/B] [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT] [COLOR=gray][FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR] [FONT=Verdana][B]4 Servings[/B][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT] [LIST] [*][FONT=Verdana]1/2 lb (≈ 247g ) Flat pasta such as linguine or tagliatelle[/FONT] [*][FONT=Verdana]2 large crowns (≈ 707g ) Broccoli florets [/FONT] [*][FONT=Verdana]6 -8 Fresh garlic (Aglio) - chopped or sliced thin - to taste[/FONT] [*][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]1/4 cup Olive oil (Olio) [/FONT][/COLOR] [*][FONT=Verdana]Ground hot pepper flakes[COLOR=black] - to taste[/COLOR][/FONT] [*][FONT=Verdana]Ground Sea Salt[COLOR=black] - to taste[/COLOR][/FONT] [*][FONT=Verdana]Ground black pepper[COLOR=black] - to taste[/COLOR][/FONT] [*][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]1/2 - 3/4 cup chicken stock/broth[/FONT][/COLOR] [/LIST][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR] [LIST=1] [*][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Bring pot of salted water to a boil.[/FONT][/COLOR] [*][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Cook pasta to desired doneness and drain.[/FONT][/COLOR] [*][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.[/FONT][/COLOR] [*][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Add the garlic and sauté slightly (just till fragrant). [/FONT][/COLOR] [*][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Add broccoli to the pan and cook stirring for 2 minutes. [/FONT][/COLOR] [*][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Season with salt, black pepper and hot pepper. [/FONT][/COLOR] [*][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Add chicken stock/broth and cover. [/FONT][/COLOR] [*][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Cook just till bright in color and tender. [/FONT][/COLOR] [*][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Add drained pasta to pan with broccoli and toss well. [/FONT][/COLOR] [*][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]Serve with [/COLOR]grated Romano and Parmesan cheeses and/or seasoned bread crumbs pan toasted in butter.[/FONT] [/LIST][FONT=Verdana][B][U]TIP:[/U][/B] Try to time the pasta cooking so it is done just in time to add to broccoli pan.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][B][/B] [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][IMG]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Food%20Two/120411_tagliatelle_broccoli_aglio_olio.jpg[/IMG][/FONT] 3 stars 1 reviews