My Aunt Barbara's Pasta Dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*amy*

Washing Up
A little nostalgia here... Growing up, when we all came home from the beach in Coney Island (aunt, uncle cousins, etc.), hot & sandy, wet bathing suits, and too hot to cook, my aunt Barbara put together this quick dish that fed us all. If you are on a budget, just want a quick dish that will stick to your ribs, give it a try. There are no measurements - just whatever you have on hand. Before I learned to cook, I made up a big batch and kept it covered in a dutch oven to reheat for several meals.

Rotini pasta (or whatever you have - penne or small shells)
Ground beef
large onion, chopped
shredded mozzarella (or shredded cheddar)
large jar of tomato sauce
Garlic bread - optional

In a dutch oven or big pot, boil the water for the pasta. Put your garlic bread in the oven. Meanwhile, brown the ground beef with chopped onion and any seasonings you wish. Drain the fat. Add the ground beef mixture to the pot/dutch oven & pour in the tomato sauce. Add the shredded mozzarella, mix to combine - cover the pot to let cheese melt. Give the pot a stir to distribute the melted ooey gooey strands of cheese. Dish the pasta mixture onto indiv plates, slice the garlic bread & woila a quick easy meal. Add a green salad if you like.

More nostalgia - a dish I grew up with and a quick comfort dish of mine I learned from my grandma - broad buttered egg noodles (w s/p) and mixed with cold cottage cheese. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom