My Dad's Goulash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
My Dad always made this at deer camp, and it wa always a big hit. Foro me, it was thebe st goulash I'd ever eaten. Now this isn't authentic, Hungarian goulash, but rather, it was his version of American goulash. Here's ,u best approximation of his wonderful recipe.

Psta - 1 box of rotini noodles (corkscrew noodles)
1 12ozl can tomato puree
1 12 oz. can of diced tomato'
1 6 ozl can tomato paste
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 medium sized yellow onion, coarsely sliced'
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbs. olive oil
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried summer Savory
1 lb. ground beef.
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. ground, black pepper

Brown the ground beef and drain off the grease. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Set aside.

In a large saucepan, saute onions, garlic, and peppers in hot olive oil until softened. Add all other ingredients, along with the cooked beef, and turn heat to simmer. Cool uncovered for about 20 minutes. While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta in salted, boiling water until al dente, about ten minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the pasta and place into the sauce. Stir well and simmer for another ten minutes. Serve with grated hard cheese (Parmesano Regiano, Romano, Asiago, your choice or some combination of them). Seve with your favorite beverage, and warm dinner rolls with soft butter.

My Dad may not have cooked the wide variety of foods that I do, but what he made was always top notch, and some of the best of its kind that I ever ate. My goulash is good, but his was better. My Mom was an exceptional cook as well. But her goldash was the ordinary canned tomato, with ground beef and elbow macaroni that everyone makes. In any case, try this out. It's worth eating.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

sauce

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom