My favorite pastry dough recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I wish I could claim this reccipe as my own. It makes homemade doughnuts every bit as light and great as Krispy Cream doughnuts. These are called spupdnuts. I have made doughnuts, doughnut wholes, cimamon buns, sticky buns, monkey bread, and dinner rolls from this pastry dough. They even make great hot-crosed buns. For the dinner rolls, you simply roll out the dough to half the thickness of your indes finger, cut into two inch rouncs, dip each round in melted butter, then fold in half and place on a parchment paperlined cookie sheet. Set rise and bake until golden brown. They are amazing. Here's the Spudnut Recipe:https://redstaryeast.com/recipes/spudnuts-glazed-yeast-doughnuts/

If you cut these into 3 to 4 inch rounds, let rise until doubled, then fry until golden brown, you can fill them with lemon curd, or your favorite jelly/jam filling. My favorite filling is Bavarian Cream, or Creme Bavarois, though I love Cream Patiserie, or pastry cream as well. Use brown sugar, vanila, and butter in place of white sugar for your pastry cream and you have a butterscotch version. Use maple syrup in your pastry cream and you have, yes, you are correcgt, maple cream.

However you use this pastry doough, Spudnuts, you will love the results. They are so light, tender, and tasty.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom