My pasta dressing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arwen

Senior Cook
Ingredients: Olive oil, Onion chopped, smoked salmon, turmeric powder, dried basil, , whipping cream, chopped tomatoes , salt and freshly ground.
Heat the oil in the pressure cooker over Medium-High heat. Add the onion, the smoked chopped salmon, turmeric and basil. Cook, uncovered until onions begins to soften 3-4 minutes. Keep on stirring, until it is not longer pink 3-5 minutes. Add tomatoes. Cover and bring up to High pressure. Reduce heat to stabalize pressure and cook for 7 minutes. Release pressure and add cream. Boil, uncovered until mixture thickens, 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy it!!:LOL:

Does this have to be in a pressure cooker?
Got quantities? Sounds pretty interesting to me!

Does this have to be in a pressure cooker?
Got quantities? Sounds pretty interesting to me!

I think a common pot is ok,as far as the ingredients concern:

2 big spoons of olive oil, 1 onion chopped, 200 grams of smoked salmon, 2 little spoons of turmeric powder,some dried basil,1 large cup of whipping cream, 200 grams of chopped tomatoes.
Enjoy it!!:ROFLMAO:

Thanks Ms Undómiel! ;)

I wonder how long 7 pressure cooker minutes are for a regular simmer....

Hmm, I found one site that said pressure cookers take about 1/3 as much time.
So I will simmer the sauce for about 20-30 minutes and call it good.
OINK!

Now to buy some salmon and use my Smoked Salmon kit. :)

I personally think that 20 or 30 minutes are too much,it wont't take so long to cook the sauce,trust me.. the salmon is smoked and it cooks rapidly..why dont't you use a large pan instead of a pressure cooker?

Pressure cooking is a method of cooking in a sealed vessel that does not permit air or liquids to escape below a preset pressure. ..
so it is not at all suitable for this dressing sauce,you should not boil the ingredients but simply stuff or fry them for a while (no more than the time I indicated above) in a pan,I am sure it is not difficult...

Well, I am totally confused now. Your original post gives instructions USING a pressure cooker. Says to cook at high pressure for 7 minutes.
So if that is the case, then 3 times that long in a regular sauce pan would be 21 minutes......

You are right,I badly translated from Italian,I used "pressure cooker" instead of pan.
Yes, 20 -21 minutes will be fine ....

I also use to chop courgettes into small pieces with garlic and chopped surimi,I fry everything in a pan with olive oil,salt,some tomatoe sauce,just 2/3 spoons,turmeric and when it's well stuffed,I pour the sauce on whatever kind of pasta,spaghetti,tagliolini,maccheroni,fusilli etc..

As a matter of fact people who live on the mountains use to make dumplings with castagne,you have to boil them in a saucepan,then you peel off the skin and make a mousse with them,this filling is added afterwards to flour plus two 1 egg egg yolks,some potato mousse(boil the potato and make a smooth cream),in order to assemble all the ingredients.
The suitable dressing sauce might be: fresh cream or fried warm butter with cinnamom powder or vanilla powder,a spoonful of sugar cane;the dressing is to be poured on warm castagne dumplings.
I am sorry but I am not able to suggest the properest wine to accompany this peculiar dish.

How do you translate castagne in Usa? I don't know...

Enjoy it!!
Ps: let me hear if my recipe was tasty...

Oh thanks a lot,is was simple but I didn't remember the word..
I live 15 kilometers outside Milan in a place called Brianza (from the celtic word bric that means hills not far from Mount Grigna and Mount Resegone,close to the spot Manzoni wrote Promessi Sposi,now it's snowing and I am thinking about cooking polenta with beef stew...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom