"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 11-29-2005, 12:02 AM   #1
Cook

Send a message via ICQ to ArticKatt Send a message via MSN to ArticKatt Send a message via Yahoo to ArticKatt
New Pasta machine.

I got a new pasta machine and I made some basic noodles and loved them and the machine. I got a real steal of a deal on the thing and was able to pick it up. got to love ebay. Now I want to expariment. I have a ton of recipes for sauce so I don't need those just recipes for noodles and I also want to try some stuffed pasta's Any ideas and recipes would be great

Thanks

Old 11-29-2005, 12:14 AM   #2
Head Chef

Isn't it exciting to get a new toy. Enjoy! You'll have to post pictures and results of how you like the taste vs. premade pasta. :-)

Old 11-29-2005, 02:22 AM   #3
Executive Chef

I have oodles of noodle recipes in a cookbook I like called (what else?) PASTA, by Time-Life Books/Alexandria Virginia. There are recipes for several flavored pastas and lovely pictures. If you can get to a library, take a look and see if it's a book you might want. Tell me, how did you make/ingredients your noodles? TIA
Old 11-29-2005, 07:11 AM   #4
Head Chef

I too got my pasta machine on Ebay. Haven't used it in awhile but now thats it winter here I plan on making some home made pasta.Did your pasta machine come with any recipes?
Old 11-29-2005, 08:06 AM   #5
Cook

Send a message via ICQ to ArticKatt Send a message via MSN to ArticKatt Send a message via Yahoo to ArticKatt
The noodles came out great and tasted great as well. I used a basic recipe of 2 cups floor and 6 eggs as I was cooking for 6 pasta lovers. I added 2 TBSP of egg white protein. this is easy to get here and boosts the protein content of food. it worked really well in the pasta. I have seen recipes for yolks only but the book said whole eggs.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:32 PM   #6
Head Chef

Glad your noodles turned out good. Just so much fun making pasta.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:45 PM   #7
Everymom

Try this thread, and there is another good one here. And finally try this one. I have more, but these will give you some of the best basics recipes out there. Have fun!
Old 11-29-2005, 04:55 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Or here:

Ravioli/Pasta/Wonton Fillings
Old 11-29-2005, 05:21 PM   #9
Executive Chef

This is a really cool link. It has lots of recipes for flavored/colored pasta dough and various methods for making the dough - and much much more. It is very similar to the Pasta book I like that includes beet, spinach, lemon, garlic, herbs, sqid, chocolate flavored dough, etc. I took it down from the shelf and it's actually called The Good Cook - Pasta (Techniques and Recipes) - Time/Life Books. The machine I have is an Imperia. I could look through the book and see what else I can find. There's a killer lasagna with both a meat and white sauce made with Spinach dough/noodles.

http://www.hormel.com/templates/know...emid=44&id=526

I've wanted to try the tomato dough... someday, I hope.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:32 PM   #10
Cook

Alix I saw in a post you did about making raviolie well I would just cut the dough and they shape them using a bit of egg on the edges to seal. thats how my dad did it anyway. and how I plan to do it.

Tags
None