Noodle advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

do you rinse your pasta when making spaghetti?

• Yes

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 33 82.5%

• Total voters
My Italian Dad never rinsed pasta. What he did do was what he called "bless" the pasta with just a little sauce and toss it. The big bowl of pasta was then served with the sauce on top. Everyone loved his spagetti. I serve it blessed with a ladle of sauce on top and parmesan.

As long as everyone wants more it's good!:pig:

My mother will rinse sometimes and sometimes she doesn't. But and that is a big BUTshe makes the worst pasta in the world. Shhhh don't tell her I said that. Mom will let the pasta sit in the boiling water after it is cooked.....actually way overcooked, until she is ready to get dinner on the table. Have you ever had waterlogged pasta? Ewwwwwwww And then again when she doesn't rinse pasta it ends up becoming a big glob that you have to use 2 forks to pry it apart. At least you don't have to worry about twirling the pasta on your fork. It is one big glob on your plate.:sick: Thank goodness her meat sauce is yummy. My favorite way to eat her meat sauce is putting it on cuban bread, add a little cheese and put in oven for a short time. YUM!!!!

IcyMist,

I agree, ewwww! lol

However (and this is going to sound really silly), sometimes when I eat someone's spaghetti, and some of the noodles are hopelessly stuck together--it makes me think of my favorite aunt (who died 3 1/2 years ago). That is how her spaghetti turned out.

:) Barbara

My mother used to rinse her pasta but that was in the old days when you couldnt get a decent pasta.I have found that the De Cecco and Barrila do not need rinsing and it doesnt stick together the next day either.:)

Back
Top Bottom