"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 05-14-2005, 04:44 PM   #1
Head Chef

Olive Garden's Alfredo Pasta

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 C(1 STICK) butter
2 cups heavy cream
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 12- ounce box fettuccine pasta(or your choice of pasta)
1/4 c grated parmesan cheese

Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
Add the cream,garlic powder,and pepper and simmer for 10 10 12 minutes or until thick.
At the same time bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a boil and add the pasta.
When the Alfredo sauce has reached yur desired consistency,stir in the parmesan cheese.
When the pasta is cooked,drain it.Serve the pasta on plates with alfredo sauce poured over the top.

Old 05-15-2005, 10:45 PM   #2
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to college_cook
That's the actual Olive garden Alfredo? B/c I love their Alfredo, and have always been curious about it. I'd go make some right now, but my g/f and I had an mad cooking weekend, all Italian dishes, so I'm a bit burnt out after Stuffed Shells, Lasagna, Homemade Raviolis, stuffed mushrooms, and Pesto Linguine. I'll definitely save that for later though. Thanks

Old 05-16-2005, 08:07 AM   #3
Sous Chef

Thanks Sarah. While passing by the tv this weekend, I saw some being plated and thought I'd check recipes this week.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:52 AM   #4
Head Chef

well i got this book from the library,that features "top secret restaurant recipes",this and the other recipe i posted "IHOP Banana nut pancakes" are from that book.I'm not sure if its the exact same recipe,but it looked like it was,we'll have to try and see!
Old 05-16-2005, 07:32 PM   #5
Senior Cook

Funny that you would submit this recipe for Alfredo Pasta, as last evening, my husband and I had dinner at an Applebee's restaurant and I ordered their Alfredo/Shrimp/Broccoli dinner dish. I had never tried it before. The combination was pretty good so, that's my addition to your Alfredo Pasta - also toss some cooked shrimp and broccoli into the pasta and Alfredo sauce mix. With the shrimp and broccoli added, you have a complete one dish meal, aside from possibly salad and rolls or bread and, of course, let's not forget some decadent dessert.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:05 AM   #6
Sous Chef

I add in sauted chicken, sauted mushrooms and prosuitto.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:49 PM   #7
Senior Cook

I'm looking for a tasty alfredo. I'll give this a try.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:40 PM   #8
Senior Cook

I tried this recipe but never was able to get the sauce to thicken. I eventually added double the parm. cheese in an attempt to thicken it but that didn't work either.

The only variations from the recipe were that my butter was unsalted ( i added my own salt manually) and my cream was labeled "heavy whipping cream" instead of just "heavy cream".
Old 06-22-2005, 06:50 AM   #9
Senior Cook

I tried this recipe last week, with the shrimp and broccoli, as my husband and I had it at Applebees. My only variation was that I also sauteed some garlic to add to the sauce. Anyhow, it was delicious, but we still had leftovers. Subsequently, I nuked it briefly the next day in the microwave briefly, and it does not reheat well. The sauce loses it's texture/consistency and was not as good. Next time, I will halve the recipe so as to have just enough for one meal for two, unless preparing for guests. Lots of times, I wish recipes would state "serves" whatever the amount of people is to be, so the chef would know to adjust recipe for specific number of people being served.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:38 AM   #10
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to nytxn Send a message via MSN to nytxn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Dove
I tried this recipe but never was able to get the sauce to thicken. I eventually added double the parm. cheese in an attempt to thicken it but that didn't work either.

The only variations from the recipe were that my butter was unsalted ( i added my own salt manually) and my cream was labeled "heavy whipping cream" instead of just "heavy cream".
Add some cream cheese to it. Try my Alfredo recipe here in the sauce section of this forum.

Ron
aka: nytxn
nytxn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None