Paella

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
Picture 237.jpg I put Chicken, Prawns,Chorizo, Squid and Pancetta in my rice, what goes in yours.

I wonder if you air freighted that to America whether it would still be warm by the time it got here!?

My best friend is an executive with FedEx and has use of their company jet... Ummmm!???

wow, bolas, very nice. love the head-on shrimp.

i haven't made paella in a long time, but mine consisted of chorizo, littlenecks, chicken thighs, shrimp, scallops, and a cull lobster. and of course rice, saffron, chicken stock, paprika, sweet onion, red pepper, and fresh peas.

do you have a recipe? paella is a dish much like cioppino in that it's all in the timing.

Looks great Bolas!

I stopped using whole unpeeled shrimp. I just got tired of trying to peel and eat hot shrimps with my fingers.I know they have more flavor and look better but I just can't mess with them anymore.Do you devein them?
My wife won't even touch them with the vein.

Wow, how good does that look!
The star ingredients in my usual version are: also, shell-on shrimp, chorizo sausage and small chunks of chicken thigh, but includes mussels and small cubes of white sea bass.

I know it's a sin, but I sometimes cook paella using Mexican safflower and tumeric in lieu of saffron.

Thank you for all the comments, I use colorante instead of saffron. I also make inland paella which is my fav using rabbit, chorizo, fried cubes of belly pork and snails. I also make Spamella by subbing spam for the rabbit and belly:)

I wonder if you air freighted that to America whether it would still be warm by the time it got here!?

My best friend is an executive with FedEx and has use of their company jet... Ummmm!???

Selkie, just find the wine to go with it. I'll pick it up for us. :LOL:

Bolas, I've never made paella. I've never seen such a fantastic presentation of it though.

Selkie, just find the wine to go with it. I'll pick it up for us. :LOL:

Bolas, I've never made paella. I've never seen such a fantastic presentation of it though.

Deal!

In truth, I'd have trouble justifying the expense of buying a paella pan, particularly since I've never tried to make it before. I've always settled for either seafood stew in a Dutch Oven, or let a restaurant chef make it for me. I think it would be less trouble flying to visit Bolas in Wales. ;)

Last edited:
I've never made it myself, but the best I've ever had was in my favorite restaurant in Manhattan (now closed), called Victor's Cafe, a spectacular Cuban restaurant. Their paella had chorizo, chicken, lobster tails, scallops, shrimp, clams, and mussels.

Thanks a lot for the comments, we have 4 empty bedrooms and the house and garden comes to life when it is full so you are all welcome.
:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom