Pappardelle with Walnut Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Papardelle are the widest noodles of all. I have a recipe for green pasta or egg pasta if anyone would like it.
Here is the sauce it can be used on store bought dry pappardelle if you want.You need 3/4 cup whole walnuts. Let the sauce stand at room temp . Put walnuts in blender or f/p process til finely chopped. Add 3 Tab. butter,1/4 cup evoo,3-4 Tab. milk,2-3 Tab. ricotta,2 Tab, parsley,blend til your sauce is thin. Add salt and pepper to your taste. Pour over cooked pasta and add parmesan cheese
Double this recipe if you want more sauce. Tagliatelle is great used here instead of Pappardelle
kades

I can't find pappardelle pasta anywhere. Do they sell it in regular grocery stores, or do you need to get it from a specialty store.? I'm in South Carolina and I can't find it.

I can't find pappardelle pasta anywhere. Do they sell it in regular grocery stores, or do you need to get it from a specialty store.? I'm in South Carolina and I can't find it.
I'm in California and it's in all the stores here I'd look on line if you can't find any PM me and I'll see what we can do.
kades

Good to know you can get them, even though I am guessing it is a bit further to go

I often see the pappardelle in the fresh pasta in the refirgerated section,
As frugal as this sounds, the other day i made some lasagna, had a bunch of left over cooked lasagna noodles so i cut them in 1/2 ( the long way) to make long thick noodles, similar ins size and shape ( with an added ruffle on the edge)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom