Pasta drying rack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I used to have a wooden clothes dryer as a pasta drying rack. What do you use for drying homemade pasta?

Many moons ago when I needed to dry my homemade pasta, I would simply prop a broom handle over the back of two dining room chairs. Then I mentioned to Buck that I would love to have a pasta-drying rack. That's all I needed to say. In no time, he made one. I'll do my best to describe it. Here goes.

On the floor or the counter, there's a wooden base that's about 8 inches square and 1 1/2 inches thick. There's a hole drilled in the center of the base about halfway through the thickness of it.

A 3-foot long wooden dowel rod (1 inch in diameter) is inserted into the hole in the base. The top of the wooden dowel has a series of offset holes drilled all the way through. Inserted through those holes are 3 dowel rods that are 4 feet long and 1/4 inch in diameter. Those "arms" are what I use to drape my pasta on for drying. I can dry up to 2 pounds of pasta on this space, which equates to almost 12 feet of space.

The drying rack is easy to store because I remove the drying rods and the master rod from the base. Bundle them together and put them away.

If I ever need more space, Buck can drill more holes through the main dowel rod and insert another arm or arms.

I love my pasta-drying rack. Hope this makes sense.

Katie - perfect explanation!
I'm considering sending your words to my Dad to see if he might want to make me one :)

Katie, thank you for the idea. I will show hubby and see if he would make me one too..
LadyCook

Katie - I bought my drying rack and I just don't feel the love from it, which is why, I guess, I don't use it anymore. I feel the LOVE from just your description!!! :cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom