Pasta with salsa tnt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This makes 2-3 servings it's easy and fast. Cook 1/2 lb. of spaghetti or angel hair pasta make sure to salt the water well. Drain and place pasta in a large warmed bowl. Toss wit evoo about 3 Tab. add one jar of hot med or mild salsa or pico de gallo or picante sauce add 1-1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese blend til cheese melts a bit sit down and eat.
kades

Last edited:
This makes 2-3 servings it's easy and fast. Cook 1/2 lb. of spaghetti or angel hair pasta make sure to salt the water well. Drain and plave pasta in a large warmed bowl. Toss wit evoo about 3 Tab. add one jar of hot med or mild salsa or pico de gallo or picante sauce add 1-1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese blend til cheese melts a bit sit down and eat.
kades

It looks like a perfect, beautiful American pasta recipe!

I could prepare Pico de gallo, but don't know anything about that Monterey Jack cheese. How is it? Sort of pecorino, or roquefort style?

Luca, it's cow's milk cheese first made in Monterrey, California. Not at all like roquefort, but not as hard as pecorino. Also not as sharply flavored. Mild, semi-hard and melts well.

kades, never having made or even thought of this quick meal makes me realize I'm still a rookie cook. thanks, it'll be my next pot!

It looks like a perfect, beautiful American pasta recipe!

I could prepare Pico de gallo, but don't know anything about that Monterey Jack cheese. How is it? Sort of pecorino, or roquefort style?

Luca,
to me this dish is more Mexican than Italian my family loves jack cheese it melts easy and when it does it gets creamy and soft it has a very nice flavor the salsa can be hot med or mild fresh or jarred. it's real easy I hope you give it a try,
kades :)

Thanks everybody for the info about cheese.
Kadesma, I'll surely try it (with another cheese, but this is no problem, in Italy we've got thousands of different kinds of cheese), because I'm a pasta addict!

Thanks for posting your recipe :)

CharlieD said:
What exactly does it mean? Sorry my English some times is just not good enough.

I think Kades meant "place" pasta. Your English is fine! Sounds like a nice dish.

Back
Top Bottom