Penne with Zucchini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vyapti

Sous Chef
I made this last night, and it was fast to make and really good!!

3 medium zucchinis, largely chopped
4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
juice of 1 lemon
2 tbs butter
2 tbs olive oil
1 lb pasta
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tbs chopped fresh oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Bring a pot of water to a boil. While the water is heating chop zucchini and herbs and grate cheese. Add pasta and cook until al dente and drain.

While the pasta is cooking melt butter in the oil. Saute the garlic until browned and discard. Add the Zucchini and cook until hot but not soft. Add the herbs and cook briefly then toss with pasta.

Remove from heat, add the parmesan and toss to combine. Juice the lemon over the pasta and toss again.

Luv the combo of pasta and fresh veggies (zukes/squash etc.). Sometimes I add ricotta and toasted pine nuts or walnuts. You must have esp. I recently saved a few pasta/zuke recipes to play around with, and woila - you posted your recipe. Looks great! Must give it a try. Thank you.

Here are a couple of recipes I had in mind to alter to my taste, & you may like:

What Did You Eat?: Linguine With Zucchini, Capers, Lemon, Pine Nuts, And Herbs

This is one I thought I would add pasta to:

Lemon-Zesty Zucchini with Pine Nuts Recipe: Recipes: Food Network

Another goodie, is pasta and roasted butternut squash. Keep those recipes comin'. I need a meat break.

Last edited:
Oddly enough, I sauteed the squashes (both green and yellow), with the garlic and oil yesterday, to complete the dish with chicken and ziti tomorrow.

I'm adding the other stuff in your recipe as well, but I hadn't thought of lemon. I'll try that - thanks!

ESP is rampant! :)

Lee

Back
Top Bottom