"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 03-21-2013, 04:36 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Looks fantastic!

Old 03-21-2013, 04:40 AM   #12
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Looks fantastic!
Was a pleasure!

I hope you'll enjoy this dish as soon as possible and tell me how was the result!

(Was my English correct??? "tell me how was the result" sounds bad...)

Old 03-21-2013, 04:50 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

No worries, your English is fine

I will certainly enjoy trying this dish!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #14
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragno nero cuocet View Post
Was a pleasure!

I hope you'll enjoy this dish as soon as possible and tell me how was the result!

(Was my English correct??? "tell me how was the result" sounds bad...)
Literally your English is correct, but it is stilted and too proper. An American would say, "Let me know how it's turns out." or "Let me know if you liked it."

Your English is perfectly understandable.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #15
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Literally your English is correct, but it is stilted and too proper. An American would say, "Let me know how it's turns out." or "Let me know if you liked it."

Your English is perfectly understandable.
TY!!!

This's what I'm searching for!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #16
Executive Chef

That is a great recipe. One problem with using Vodka here in Canada it that our alcohol is taxed so much, booze is really expensive. Half a glass of alcohol is about 5 bucks....Usually about a buck an ounce is the cheapest range you can buy it in.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
That is a great recipe. One problem with using Vodka here in Canada it that our alcohol is taxed so much, booze is really expensive. Half a glass of alcohol is about 5 bucks....Usually about a buck an ounce is the cheapest range you can buy it in.
Hunh? Where are you buying your booze? A 1.14 litre bottle of Finlandia Vodka costs $34.75 at the SAQ. That makes ~$1.52 for 50 ml. The LCBO can't be that much more expensive.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #18
Executive Chef

It is about 25 bucks for a 26 ouncer(750 mil) bottle of most regular types around here. That is just under a buck an ounce. I don't buy larger bottles.

25.95 for Smirnoff, Finlandia, Absolut,
24.45 for Polar Ice.
(just did a price check.)
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/pr...ultsPerPage=10
Old 03-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
It is about 25 bucks for a 26 ouncer bottle of most regular types around here.
That works out to about $1.69 for 50 ml - about the price of three eggs.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Half a glass is about 4 or 5 ounces. At a buck an ounce..... you don't need me to do math for you, do you? Are Quebec glasses little and wee?
Eggs here are 2.89 per doz. so lets go about 25 cents each.

Don't make me do any math. I will have to take my socks off if we go over 10.

Tags
recipe, salmon, tomatos, vodka

Pennette alla vodka Hi all guys. The second receipe is dedicated to CraigC! Pennette alla vodka 4 persons Smoked salmon 100 gr [IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_v945UJJ2npQ/TGVDdsVCZZI/AAAAAAAAA1M/wR56ZH-e1AI/s1600/DSCN2404.JPG[/IMG] Pennette 400 gr [IMG]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6SJFA_kZUtal1woNG1Uvek_-LxiClHX-Q2Rs_O5y7NnTb2ts6UQ[/IMG] Butter 30 gr Shallot 1 (or a medium onion) Pure Vodka 1/2 glass Ciliegino tomatoes 100 gr [IMG]http://www.prodotti-tipici-siciliani.it/images/pomodoro_ciliegino.jpg[/IMG] Tomato paste (concentrated) 1 spoon Fresh cream 200gr [IMG]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5c7IX6oI5_MCleqic4qU1EAxacTdjomWxjugnlaAJ18jGzGLYXA[/IMG] chive 1 Chop the shallot, the cilieginos (each in 4 pieces) and the smoked salmon (little pieces) 2 Put butter in a large pan, medium heat: when butter is liquid, add the shallot and wait until it becomes a little bit grilled. I don't know how translate my idea. But this have to be the shallot color (also a little it more "dark"): [IMG]http://zuuly.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/soffritto-di-cipolla.jpg[/IMG] Do not totally grill the shallot, or its flavour will overcome the salmon one! 3 Medium high heat now: put the vodka into the pan ant wait until it will be totally evaporated. Try to buy a good pure Vodka, you'lll taste the difference... 4 Medium heat: put the cilieginos and the smoked salmon into the pan, adn let's cook it for 5 minutes, until salmon changes its color. 5 Now put concentrate and fresh cream into the pan, and let them cook for 2 minutes. 6 Turn off the flame, add chive. The sauce is done, our mission is accomplished guys! Now you have to add this sauce to 400gr of "pennette", strictly cooked "al dente". This will be the result [IMG]http://vadoatavola.it/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Pennette-alla-vodka_opt-400x225.jpg[/IMG] Enjoy... PS: by the way, you should use a wook spoon to cook this receipe, to move ingredients in the pan, so that the same ingredient will have the same "piont of cooking" (I mean the same color... How can I explain this concept? Anyone understand my terrible language?) PPS: I apologize for the pictures, they are not "home made", but I swear I'll post them ASAP! 3 stars 1 reviews