"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 03-20-2013, 05:10 AM   #1
Cook

Pennette alla vodka

Hi all guys.

The second receipe is dedicated to CraigC!

Pennette alla vodka

4 persons

Smoked salmon 100 gr

Pennette 400 gr

Butter 30 gr

Shallot 1 (or a medium onion)

Pure Vodka 1/2 glass

Ciliegino tomatoes 100 gr

Tomato paste (concentrated) 1 spoon

Fresh cream 200gr

chive

1 Chop the shallot, the cilieginos (each in 4 pieces) and the smoked salmon (little pieces)

2 Put butter in a large pan, medium heat: when butter is liquid, add the shallot and wait until it becomes a little bit grilled. I don't know how translate my idea. But this have to be the shallot color (also a little it more "dark"):

Do not totally grill the shallot, or its flavour will overcome the salmon one!

3 Medium high heat now: put the vodka into the pan ant wait until it will be totally evaporated. Try to buy a good pure Vodka, you'lll taste the difference...

4 Medium heat: put the cilieginos and the smoked salmon into the pan, adn let's cook it for
5 minutes, until salmon changes its color.

5 Now put concentrate and fresh cream into the pan, and let them cook for 2 minutes.

6 Turn off the flame, add chive.

The sauce is done, our mission is accomplished guys!

Now you have to add this sauce to 400gr of "pennette", strictly cooked "al dente".

This will be the result

Enjoy...

PS: by the way, you should use a wook spoon to cook this receipe, to move ingredients in the pan, so that the same ingredient will have the same "piont of cooking" (I mean the same color... How can I explain this concept? Anyone understand my terrible language?)
PPS: I apologize for the pictures, they are not "home made", but I swear I'll post them ASAP!

Old 03-20-2013, 05:53 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

It looks fantastic.
And I understand you perfectly.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

To touch on some of your questions with language...

2 Put butter in a large pan, medium heat: when butter is liquid, add the shallot and wait until it becomes a little bit grilled. I don't know how translate my idea. But this have to be the shallot color (also a little it more "dark"):

You might want to say, "caramelized". That refers to that dark sweetness that the shallots or onions will get when sauteed. Or you could say to Cook until lightly brown or golden, depending on how caramelized you want them to be.
Just to add some confusion, we add "grilled onions" to hamburgers, but it doesn't mean they were actually grilled. So your term grilled is used, but not in the context of your recipe, even though it means basically the same thing.

PS: by the way, you should use a wook spoon to cook this receipe, to move ingredients in the pan, so that the same ingredient will have the same "piont of cooking" (I mean the same color... How can I explain this concept? Anyone understand my terrible language?)

"Stir with wood spoon until cooked evenly."

But like I said, I understood you completely.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
Cook

TY!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
How many millilitres in a half a glass of vodka?
Old 03-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
Cook

An half a glass corresponds to 50ml.

TY for the question, enjoy it, it's fantastic!
Old 03-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
Sous Chef

Yum! That looks fantastic.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #8
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyap View Post
Yum! That looks fantastic.
TY my friend!

Cheers!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Thanks for the dedication! I'm glad you used smoked salmon. I can't stand fresh salmon. My wife wouldn't eat it, so I'll stick to pancetta and use the smoked salmon for bagels or cheese cake. BTW, when we have this dish, the vodka is also a condiment!
Old 03-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Looks and sounds delicious! I too can't stand fresh salmon, the smoked salmon is a great idea.

Tags
recipe, salmon, tomatos, vodka

Pennette alla vodka Hi all guys. The second receipe is dedicated to CraigC! Pennette alla vodka 4 persons Smoked salmon 100 gr [IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_v945UJJ2npQ/TGVDdsVCZZI/AAAAAAAAA1M/wR56ZH-e1AI/s1600/DSCN2404.JPG[/IMG] Pennette 400 gr [IMG]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6SJFA_kZUtal1woNG1Uvek_-LxiClHX-Q2Rs_O5y7NnTb2ts6UQ[/IMG] Butter 30 gr Shallot 1 (or a medium onion) Pure Vodka 1/2 glass Ciliegino tomatoes 100 gr [IMG]http://www.prodotti-tipici-siciliani.it/images/pomodoro_ciliegino.jpg[/IMG] Tomato paste (concentrated) 1 spoon Fresh cream 200gr [IMG]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5c7IX6oI5_MCleqic4qU1EAxacTdjomWxjugnlaAJ18jGzGLYXA[/IMG] chive 1 Chop the shallot, the cilieginos (each in 4 pieces) and the smoked salmon (little pieces) 2 Put butter in a large pan, medium heat: when butter is liquid, add the shallot and wait until it becomes a little bit grilled. I don't know how translate my idea. But this have to be the shallot color (also a little it more "dark"): [IMG]http://zuuly.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/soffritto-di-cipolla.jpg[/IMG] Do not totally grill the shallot, or its flavour will overcome the salmon one! 3 Medium high heat now: put the vodka into the pan ant wait until it will be totally evaporated. Try to buy a good pure Vodka, you'lll taste the difference... 4 Medium heat: put the cilieginos and the smoked salmon into the pan, adn let's cook it for 5 minutes, until salmon changes its color. 5 Now put concentrate and fresh cream into the pan, and let them cook for 2 minutes. 6 Turn off the flame, add chive. The sauce is done, our mission is accomplished guys! Now you have to add this sauce to 400gr of "pennette", strictly cooked "al dente". This will be the result [IMG]http://vadoatavola.it/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Pennette-alla-vodka_opt-400x225.jpg[/IMG] Enjoy... PS: by the way, you should use a wook spoon to cook this receipe, to move ingredients in the pan, so that the same ingredient will have the same "piont of cooking" (I mean the same color... How can I explain this concept? Anyone understand my terrible language?) PPS: I apologize for the pictures, they are not "home made", but I swear I'll post them ASAP! 3 stars 1 reviews