Pennette alla vodka

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi all guys.

The second receipe is dedicated to CraigC!

Pennette alla vodka

4 persons

Smoked salmon 100 gr

DSCN2404.JPG

Pennette 400 gr

images

Butter 30 gr

Shallot 1 (or a medium onion)

Pure Vodka 1/2 glass

Ciliegino tomatoes 100 gr

pomodoro_ciliegino.jpg

Tomato paste (concentrated) 1 spoon

Fresh cream 200gr

images

chive

1 Chop the shallot, the cilieginos (each in 4 pieces) and the smoked salmon (little pieces)

2 Put butter in a large pan, medium heat: when butter is liquid, add the shallot and wait until it becomes a little bit grilled. I don't know how translate my idea. But this have to be the shallot color (also a little it more "dark"):

soffritto-di-cipolla.jpg

Do not totally grill the shallot, or its flavour will overcome the salmon one!

3 Medium high heat now: put the vodka into the pan ant wait until it will be totally evaporated. Try to buy a good pure Vodka, you'lll taste the difference...

4 Medium heat: put the cilieginos and the smoked salmon into the pan, adn let's cook it for
5 minutes, until salmon changes its color.

5 Now put concentrate and fresh cream into the pan, and let them cook for 2 minutes.

6 Turn off the flame, add chive.

The sauce is done, our mission is accomplished guys!

Now you have to add this sauce to 400gr of "pennette", strictly cooked "al dente".

This will be the result

Pennette-alla-vodka_opt-400x225.jpg

Enjoy...

PS: by the way, you should use a wook spoon to cook this receipe, to move ingredients in the pan, so that the same ingredient will have the same "piont of cooking" (I mean the same color... How can I explain this concept? Anyone understand my terrible language?)
PPS: I apologize for the pictures, they are not "home made", but I swear I'll post them ASAP!

To touch on some of your questions with language...

2 Put butter in a large pan, medium heat: when butter is liquid, add the shallot and wait until it becomes a little bit grilled. I don't know how translate my idea. But this have to be the shallot color (also a little it more "dark"):

You might want to say, "caramelized". That refers to that dark sweetness that the shallots or onions will get when sauteed. Or you could say to Cook until lightly brown or golden, depending on how caramelized you want them to be.
Just to add some confusion, we add "grilled onions" to hamburgers, but it doesn't mean they were actually grilled. So your term grilled is used, but not in the context of your recipe, even though it means basically the same thing.

PS: by the way, you should use a wook spoon to cook this receipe, to move ingredients in the pan, so that the same ingredient will have the same "piont of cooking" (I mean the same color... How can I explain this concept? Anyone understand my terrible language?)

"Stir with wood spoon until cooked evenly."

But like I said, I understood you completely.

Thanks for the dedication! I'm glad you used smoked salmon. I can't stand fresh salmon. My wife wouldn't eat it, so I'll stick to pancetta and use the smoked salmon for bagels or cheese cake. BTW, when we have this dish, the vodka is also a condiment!:wacko:

Looks and sounds delicious! I too can't stand fresh salmon, the smoked salmon is a great idea.

Was a pleasure!

I hope you'll enjoy this dish as soon as possible and tell me how was the result!

(Was my English correct??? "tell me how was the result" sounds bad...)

Literally your English is correct, but it is stilted and too proper. An American would say, "Let me know how it's turns out." or "Let me know if you liked it."

Your English is perfectly understandable.

That is a great recipe. One problem with using Vodka here in Canada it that our alcohol is taxed so much, booze is really expensive. Half a glass of alcohol is about 5 bucks....Usually about a buck an ounce is the cheapest range you can buy it in.

That is a great recipe. One problem with using Vodka here in Canada it that our alcohol is taxed so much, booze is really expensive. Half a glass of alcohol is about 5 bucks....Usually about a buck an ounce is the cheapest range you can buy it in.
Hunh? Where are you buying your booze? A 1.14 litre bottle of Finlandia Vodka costs $34.75 at the SAQ. That makes ~$1.52 for 50 ml. The LCBO can't be that much more expensive.

Half a glass is about 4 or 5 ounces. At a buck an ounce..... you don't need me to do math for you, do you? :LOL:Are Quebec glasses little and wee? :LOL:
Eggs here are 2.89 per doz. so lets go about 25 cents each.

Don't make me do any math. I will have to take my socks off if we go over 10.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom