Pinquinto Beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
My husband heard about these beans, only grown in the Santa Maria Valley in California, from his uncle who lives in Filmore. He found them online, and ordered a lb. They are a small, round brown bean, and the taste is not unlike a crowder pea...very hearty and meaty.

Kim cooked the beans yesterday, using the seasoning packet that came with them (just a basic southwest seasoning), a chopped onion and a meaty ham bone. They were great! If you ever run across Pinquinto Beans, I suggest you give them a try.

My husband heard about these beans, only grown in the Santa Maria Valley in California, from his uncle who lives in Filmore. He found them online, and ordered a lb. They are a small, round brown bean, and the taste is not unlike a crowder pea...very hearty and meaty.

Kim cooked the beans yesterday, using the seasoning packet that came with them (just a basic southwest seasoning), a chopped onion and a meaty ham bone. They were great! If you ever run across Pinquinto Beans, I suggest you give them a try.

I am in Paso Robles, an hour north of santa maria, and I haven't seen these beans anywhere. I am a big fan of bean dishes though and I am planning on trying them now! Thanks for the tip!

Lets get some seed and plant them Miss Connie....If I can keep the deer out of them until they mature...

I wonder if you could plant the dried beans as they come in the package? As for the deer, human hair will help keep them out, so save your hair clippings or ask your barber for the sweepings off the floor.

Back
Top Bottom