Price of flour going up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wish my market still had stock boys. I can't outmaneuver the computer at mine. It will update the price between the time I take it off the shelf to the moment it is scanned.

Stopped by my local market last night and the kid was standing in front of the flour with a price gun. I asked what he was doing, and he said "raising the price of the flour like I was told to do." Before he could start changing prices I grabbed 25 lbs of bread and 25 lbs of AP and put them in my cart. He said "Hey, you can't do that. I didn't change the price yet." My reply was "I just did, young man. I just did."

Went up $.40 per 5lb bag. At least I'm set for 4-6 weeks. I don't have more room, or I would have bought more flour.

JoeV
:LOL::LOL:

I haven't seen as much of an increase as I thought. But I also haven't bought much flour lately. I found out my son has a gluten allergy so we rarely use it anymore. Gluten free flour is ridiculously expensive anyway so I guess it's all the same to me.

i bought five pounds of bread flour store brand today. it was almost five dollars. also bought a mini loaf of bread that was four dollars. i think it is cheaper to bake . babe

Back
Top Bottom