Quinoa Seeds/Pearls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blissful

Master Chef
My order from Amazon of quinoa pearls finally came two days ago. It's an organic brand and it didn't call to rinse it first, and, it has no bitterness when cooked.

First we tried it hot with chicken broth and butter. Instead of cooking it 15 minutes, we cooked it about 20 minutes with extra chicken broth, until the interior of the pearl was translucent and the curlicue came off the interior.
We liked it a lot, much better than rice.

The next day I tasted it cold, again delicious, a little nutty, and good texture, not mushy.

Then with the leftovers made a cold salad of quinoa, chopped: tomato, green onions, parsley, and fresh squeezed lemon and lime. I really liked it--I like savory more. Trapper didn't.

Today I made more, with chicken broth and olive oil, to eat plain, and some for a cold salad mixing quinoa with chopped pears, chopped pecans, a little chives, a tablespoon of lemon and honey and a tiny bit of S&P for Trapper--he likes sweets more.

I'm SO glad we were able to try quinoa pearls. Share your recipes please. We'll be eating this all summer for sure.:yum:

Buonasera Blissful,

Just posted a lovely salad using Quinoa, hard boiled Quail Eggs and other salad goodies. See Salad Section: it is called Tabulli Quinoa Salad.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards.
Margi. Ciao.

Buonasera Blissful,

Just posted a lovely salad using Quinoa, hard boiled Quail Eggs and other salad goodies. See Salad Section: it is called Tabulli Quinoa Salad.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards.
Margi. Ciao.

Margi,

Here: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f11/tabouli-quinoa-and-quail-eggs-80514.html

It does look lovely. Alas, I do not have quail eggs and I'm afraid the duck eggs I have would be so big in comparison, I could stuff the duck eggs with the mixture. Thinking now, that might not be a bad idea.;)

Thank you for the post/recipe, it looks delicious!:yum:

I love quinoa, perfect for me as its gluten free, I use it in soups and salads, you could use it in Tabbouleh in place of bulgar wheat or any recipe that calls for cous cous. Its super healthy too.

Back
Top Bottom