Ragu alla bolognese, original Italian receipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bucky, there are so many different ways for a Bolognese, there is no "one recipe" for that.
I prefer it with my erbe rusticana, but it does work without, althought it's better with.
If you have very good starting ingredients, it will taste good without further spicing..

oh, i was only joking around. myself and others have been chastised for mistakenly referring to ragu alla bolognese as "meat sauce" before.

just back away slowly... :ermm:

@Lindazoe
Which is the best to buy? Do you like the Parmigiano Reggiano to cook with or is there a better one you recommend?

The original recipe uses only Parmigiano Reggiano, but I often use Pecorino to ensure that the flavor of my dish will be stronger.

@cara
but I would never ever use concentrato di pomodoro in a Ragu... don't like the taste of it..

I often prepared this dish with tomato sauce, boiling sauce for 3 hours. But from the first time I tried the concentrato, I've never used another way to prepare the ragu.

The world is wonderful because we are different!!!

IMHO, the ragu sauce has to be cooked for at least 90 mins.

In this way, tomato sauce (or broth and concentrate mixture) will be reduced (the wather contained will evaporate), and the meat will "share" its flavor to the sauce itself.

If you want, you can use only tomato sauce (not concentrated), reducing the original quantity, and let the sauce simmer for 30 mins: after that, you can add milk and let it cook for 5 mins.

But believe in me, my friend: if you have the time, try to cook it in the aforementioned way...

You'll taste the difference...

TY for the question, I hope my answer has solved your problem.

PS: was my English correct??? :D:D:D

TY so much!

images

That's it!

I think you say tomato paste...
Tomato paste in a tube? Who knew? I've only seen it in cans.

I love your recipes and your English. You are doing great. :)

chopper, I find the paste-in-tube on the top shelf in the same row as the canned stuff. Very concentrated, like double strength. It's pricey, like $3 for a toothpaste-size, but nice if all you need is a little, like a Tbsp full. Otherwise if I need at least half a can I just open that, then freeze the rest for when I need paste again.

chopper, I find the paste-in-tube on the top shelf in the same row as the canned stuff. Very concentrated, like double strength. It's pricey, like $3 for a toothpaste-size, but nice if all you need is a little, like a Tbsp full. Otherwise if I need at least half a can I just open that, then freeze the rest for when I need paste again.

Thank you. I will look next time. Sometimes I only want a tablespoon! :)

If you want, you can use only tomato sauce (not concentrated), reducing the original quantity, and let the sauce simmer for 30 mins: after that, you can add milk and let it cook for 5 mins.

I tried that once and in my opinion it was no Bolognese.
A real one is for hubby's home office days or weekend. You'll have to take the time it needs.

I tried that once and in my opinion it was no Bolognese.
A real one is for hubby's home office days or weekend. You'll have to take the time it needs.

I agree with you!

But if you don't have much time, you can easily cook a good dish spending less time!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom