Ravioli tastes a bit "doughy", help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calid2006

Assistant Cook
I have been making homemade ravioli, and it is pretty delicious, but tastes a bit "doughy". I am simply using eggs and flour for the dough, rolling it out, and putting romano, mozerella and parmasan mixed with some egg as the filling. I then cut it up and boil it.
Again, tastes good, but a bit "doughy". Any suggestions? A tastier dough recipe? Cook longer?

My only suggestion is to roll out your dough thinner, or cook it a tad longer, mayby just a pinch of salt in the dough

I agree. The dough should be really, really thin. You could also try browning them just a bit in a skillet with a little olive oil after you take them out of the water.

Sedagive

I agree, thinner, add alittle salt, and cook alittle longer.
I would chop some parsley into your cheeses, and although the parm is alittle salty, I would add a pinch, along with ground black pepper.
I also sift all my flour when I first bring it home, as I feel it's been sitting so long and becomes somewhat compacted. So 1cup is heavier first bought, then after sifting.

I wonder if the choice of cheese has something to do

with it. Usually, there is ricotta cheese in the ravioli filling which may lighten the taste.

Back
Top Bottom