So, originally when I made this I was going to use the chicken and sausage as a sandwich filler... however! When I could smell it all in the pan sizzling away beautifully I thought this would make a fantastic pasta with a few other bits and bobs...
Needless to say I ended up with no sandwich!
So ingredients I added are:
2-3 5 mini chicken fillets chopped rougly into strips
3 sausages (I used Richmond Thin kind but you can use whatever your favourites are)
Half a red pepper
Quarter of an onion
2-3 cloves of garlic
Pinch of oregano
Crumbled goats cheese
And here I cheated a bit I used dolmio tomato sauce with extra garlic and onion cause i didnt have any canned tomatos :( But you can make your own tomato sauce if you want. The dolmio worked well because it was very light. I would say you could get a similar sauce by using crushed tomatos then pureeing them and adding a small amount of tomato paste and a drop of EVOO. But however you fancy it! Doesnt need a heavy sauce.
1. Chop the veg finely and add to pan with some EVOO till it starts to sizzle nicely and the smell starts getting strong.
2. Whilst veg are cooking chop the sausages and chicken into small chunks/strips then add to the pan.
3. Stir constantly at this point ensuring the meats get cooked throughly.
4. Add in some oregano at this point and stir again throughly.
5. Put some pasta on the boil and cook till al dente or however preferred.
By the time the pasta is done the meats and veg should be throughly cooked.
6. Drain the pasta and add the tomato sauce then veg/meats. Mix throughly then serve with crumbled goats cheese on top.
And hey presto :D a tasty dish.
I hope i've explained this throughly enough.. its the first recipe ive posted!