Rec. Spaghetti with green tomaotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I've made this several times and we always enjoy it...Since I do have a lot of green tomatoes we will be having this one day this week or next.
It is easy:LOL:
1-lb. green tomatoes, pale pink will work as well
1-lb. spaghetti
4-5 cloves garlic chopped fairly fine
3-4 tab. evoo
salt and pepper
1/4-c. parm or more to your taste
Cook your pasta, peel the tomatoes and cut and remove seeds if you like. Chop the tomatoes into a coarse chop, garlic into a fine chop..In a skillet saute the garlic in the evoo gently about 2 min. up the heat and add the tomatoes and cook 3-4 min more or til the tomatoes soften. Add the salt and pepper to taste Drain your pasta and toss with the tomatoes and garlic and the parm cheese..
This should serve 4:LOL:

Well how cool is THAT. I just picked all the tomatoes off my plants and have a whack of green ones. They are teeny so this might be just the ticket.

Alix, the small tomatoes will be fine, heck you might not have to even bother taking out the seeds or peeling them, I sometimes leave on the skins as I like them..Hope you like the recipe if you have a chance to give it a try...It's one of my favorites, it's easy simple and I love the taste:)

kadesma

This looks lovely kadesma, so wonderfully rustic (my Italian DH would give it two thumbs up if he wasn't snoring away right now :LOL:).

I like it when you can find yellow tomatoes in the store too (for us garden-less folk :mrgreen:).

IC,
This is one of our favorite recipes..Glad you like the idea...Hope you can try it one day.
I love the yellow tomatoes too. I didn't put any in this year and I'm sorry I didn't. Last year I had one with the small pear shaped yellow tomaotes and one with the larger round and we enjoyed them both. The smaller one gave so many tomatoes it was hard to keep up with the crop and I gave away many to neighbors and friends.
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom