Rice Pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Lisa's Rice Pizza

Ingredients
o 1 cup raw Lowell Farms Jasmine Rice (White), cooked
o 2 eggs
o 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
o 16 oz can tomato sauce or marinara sauce
o 1/2 green pepper, sliced
o 1/2 onion, sliced
o mushrooms, sliced
o black olives, sliced
o pepperoni, sliced
o any other favorite toppings
o 1 cup grated mozarella cheese

Directions
Cook Jasmine Rice according to directions. Mix with eggs and 1 cup cheese. Spread on bottom of well greased pizza pan or deep dish. Bake 450 degrees for 20 minutes.Spread tomato or marinara sauce over baked crust. Add favorite toppings and 1 cup cheese. Bake 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Serves 4

*Question: I have never used Jasmine rice...could I substitute long grain rice? What is the difference?

Ohhhh yummers! My mom made a great rice pizza when we were kids (she also likes to top shepard's pie with rice and cheese - so good!), I'd not thought of it in ages! I think I'll have to try making one very soon as your recipe has got me hungry all of a sudden :mrgreen:

(Long grain rice should be fine, I know that's what ma' makes it with :))

*Question: I have never used Jasmine rice...could I substitute long grain rice? What is the difference?

Jasmine rice is a long grain rice has a unique flavour and smell. However in this recipe long-grain rice is probably more suitable since you probably wouldn't want the flavour of jasmine rice combining with pepperoni, olives etc.

Well, it sounds unique for sure. I'm trying to keep an open mind here, but rice on pizza just doesnt sound like a texture I would like on pizza, but the rest of the ingredients sound great. :)

This sounds interesting..DH has Celiac desease..( alergy to all wheat products ) Gluten does him in. I just might have to try this..Thanks

Marge~Dove

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom