"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 08-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #21
Sous Chef

Thank you Odette!

And last time I checked, mi fiancÚ was still a good girl...

Old 08-22-2011, 09:31 AM   #22
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca Lazzari View Post
Thank you Odette!

And last time I checked, mi fiancÚ was still a good girl...
My pleasure and I'm sure your fiance is all woman :)

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recipe, butter, rigatoni, sage

Rigatoni with sage and butter August is a tough month. It's holiday time for me, and I'm eating like an idiot, my lovely belly looks like a big watermelon. So last night I decided to take a pause and I prepared a simple, light (:rofl:) rigatoni recipe. In Italy we usually prepare it using spaghetti, and we call it "spaghetti burro e salvia", that is spaghetti butter and sage. But I'm a hopeless glutton, so I added lard an pepper to the standard recipe. Let's go. For 4 people (I'm not talking about normal people, but people more like me) you need: 500 g of rigatoni; 150 g of butter; 6/8 big leaves of sage; 1 tablespoon of lard; salt and pepper; coarse salt; 4/6 tablespoons of parmigiano reggiano. You can use more butter if you like it :lol: Wash the sage leafs, dry them and cut them in little pieces. Melt the butter in a pan, don't keep the fire too high, add the lard and melt it too, I love tinkering these beautiful fats with a wooden spoon. Use butter, not oil, because this recipe's taste is completely based on it. Then add the sage pieces and saute them for 5 minutes, more or less, taking care not to burn them nor the butter and lard, then let this sauce rest. Boil the water, add the coarse salt, cook the rigatoni. A couple of minutes before the rigatoni are cooked, put the sauce pan on fire again. Drain the rigatoni and put them in a large bowl, then pour the sauce on top of the pasta. Keep the pan near to the rigatoni and, with a wooden spoon, put some rigatoni inside the pan and thoroughly "clean" the sauce using the rigatoni; mix well. Add the parmigiano reggiano, the pepper (I like to grate it directly on the pasta). Again mix well and serve. Buon appetito! PS I'm using Italian butter, I don't know what different types of butter, if any, are available all around the world, I'm sorry... 3 stars 1 reviews