Risotto for V.I.P. and no time enough….

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RDG

Senior Cook
Yesterday, I had at dinner some persons, important contacts of job. But everything was organised at the last minute, and so I had no time to cook something particular.
This is a recipe I use in these occasions, and I think it can be useful for you too.
First, you must have at home a bottle of whatsoever sparkling white wine, dry, not cold, and – it would be much better – a label of the best champagne you know, that you have accurately kept since that famous party of 12 years ago:angel: . (If you have not, you can stole it in some place. I don’t suggest to buy a real champagne, you will understand why).
Ok: now you are ready.:cool:
Make a very normal white risotto: some onion, some butter, some broth… It needs twenty minutes to cook, and in the meantime you can do the second dish (in my case, pork chops with cream at mushroom flavour, three minutes to do).
Get a very large dish, and two little candles, those for birthday cakes.
Open carefully the bottle, (apply the false label) and put in it very slowly half teaspoon of sugar. (Please, VERY slowly. otherwise you will have a disaster). When the rice is ready, put it in the dish, put the two candles at the extreme sides of dish, and light them. Reach the dinner room door, switch off the light, and put in the centre of warm rice the bottle with wine, quickly. A sudden, great foam will go out, and will fall on rice, lighted by candles.( a better effect can be obtained if you play the Aida March, by Giuseppe Verdi, while walking to the table:king: ). Graciously accept the applauses.:chef: :clap:
DON’T mix the rice, and serve it with the wine , eventually some parmesan. (of course, you have served risotto with champagne). Remember to recuperate the label: the future is unknown….:whistling
I had told not to buy champagne. The wine that goes out is not too much, less than a quarter of bottle . A lot of foam, but very little wine), but what is leftover is absolutely undrinkable, cause the sugar…..

Clever, Rob!! Thanks for the great idea!! Especially like the idea of the musical effect of Aida...:-p

Back
Top Bottom