Just finished a brisk walk ... And here we are once again thinking of discussing gastronomy ...
Salmon ( salmone in Italian ) Strozzapreti has an interesting history, as PRETI is priest in Italian and STROZZA means to tie, ties to the clergy.
Somebody posted a thread late last night, and I cannot locate it at the moment, so I decided to post this delicious dish separately.
( serves 2 )
400 grams of fettuccini or tagliatelli
25 grams of spring onion chopped finely or Shallots chopped finely
1 tblsp Evoo and 1 tsp. Creamy room temperature Butter
25 grams cubed fresh zucchini
45g celery diced
35g red bell pepper roasted and julienne
35g fresh spinach
125g florettes of fresh broccoli or Green Asparagus spears
15 fl. oz. Brandy ( and a Shot Glass )
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Bay Leaf
1 tsp. each of dried herbs: oregano, parsley and basil
Fresh Basil or Fresh Parsley ( garnish and chopped finely )
1 or 2 cloves of garlic minced ( optional in Italy )
2 Fillets of Fresh Salmon
1. sauté pan: pour 1 tblsp Evoo and sautée the finely chopped spring onion or shallots and the celery diced until tender and minced garlic
2. now sauté the rest of the vegetables
3. add the brandy ( 1 shot glass )
4. add the salt and the black freshly ground pepper
5. combine the cream and reduce sauce stirring very slowly and frequently
6. in another sauté pan: 1 tblsp Evoo and 1 tsp. cream Butter, and sauté the salmon very lightly and sprinkle with salt and black pepper
7. bathe the salmon in 1 shot glass of brandy
8. adjust salt
9) boil the ribbon pasta in salted water and cook until tender yet firm
PLATE AS FOLLOWS:
a) pasta ribbon bed
b) veggies with some of the sauce drizzled finely
c) slice the salmon in large chunks or slices and plate on top
d) the fresh parsley or basil chopped finely
Enjoy. Hope that the Member can find ...
Have a lovely Sunday.