Salsa Spaghetti

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
See what you think of this...My daughter made it for lunch today...
1/2 lb. spahgetti
4-Tab. EVOO
1-jar salsa, hot, med or mild..We used the fresh kind that was med in heat
1/1/2 c. grated jack cheese
After pasta is cooked and drained place in a large warm bowl. Toss with evoo and add salsa and chees, toos til blended and cheese starts to melt... Serves 2-3 We also topped with some fresh chopped cilantro emmmm
kadesma:)

It sounds good - The cheese and the pasta would tone down the salsa - if not a can of chopped tomatoes would do it. Yum on the cilantro!!

kitchenelf said:
It sounds good - The cheese and the pasta would tone down the salsa - if not a can of chopped tomatoes would do it. Yum on the cilantro!!
Elf, I was a little skeptical, when my daughter produced lunch, but it was very good. We used a salsa that was fresh with tomatoes, pepers, onions and just topped it with the cheese and cilantro..I myself would have liked a little more tomato..:LOL:
It was pretty good. I'd have it again..
kadesma

Kadesma -
I've made something quite similar, only I used egg noodles and added thin slices of the steak we'd grilled the night before. It's really good! (wish I'd had cilantro that day!)

This can lead to a big variety of things kadesma - like a watermelon salsa with orichietti or just the classic bruschetta ingredients - wow - what a great summer meal - mmmmm - I was going to do Vietnamese Summer Rolls tonight but this would be a lot easier and just as good - I'll decide at the grocery store.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom