This cauliflower and short pasta dish can be made with Broccoli or spinach or zucchini ( corgette ) and / or any vegetable of choice. Furthermore, it can be made with Penne, Rigatoni or other short pasta variety of choice.
Ingredients for 2:
8 anchovies in Olive Oil ( jar )
1 cauliflower or Broccoli
4 garlic cloves minced
2 tablesp. Evoo Olive Oil Extra Virgin
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 box or 300 grams of short pasta tortiglioni
30 grams Pecorino Sardo, Aged Ewe Cheese ( one can use Pecorino Romano or Pecorino Toscano ) Freshly grated. Note: Lucatelli Romano is available in the USA from the Lazio Province.
1. sack the boney needle hairy like bones from the anchovies and wash them, and then, chop finely
2. wash the vegetable ( cauliflower or broccoli ) and chop into florette clusters and boil in salted water just until tender
3. in a skillet, add the EVOO and sauté the minced garlic cloves, and drain the the Vegetable well and then, sauté the cauliflower or broccoli in the EVOO with the garlic ... keep in mind, tender without mushy and spoon the Evoo and garlic sauce over the vegetable ( slow low flame simmer )
4. then drain the vegetable from the oil and tent on platter to keep warm
5. in the same Evoo, add the anchovies and the Pecorino and stir with wooden spoon on low slow flame until just heated as this is your sauce for drizzling over
6. boil salted water and prepare your short pasta tender yet firm to bite
7. drain the pasta and plate: add cauliflower and toss lightly with the anchovy, pecorino and EVOO dressing
8. grind fresh black, green and rose peppercorns on top and sprinkle with a bit of fresh parsley minced.
SERVE WITH CRUSTY BREAD OVEN WARM AND A GOOD WINE, RED OR WHITE, PROSECCO OR LAMBRUSCO ...
*** in Italia, all is simply prepared without a lot of fuss ...