Sauce for Mushroom Ravioli?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildOrchid310

Assistant Cook
I went to the grocery store hungry one day and bought mushroom ravioli.

I don't really know what I was thinking, I've never done anything with mushroom ravioli before, and now I have no idea what to eat it with. Red sauce doesn't sound super appealing for some reason.

What kind of sauce would you use with mushroom ravioli?

I went to the grocery store hungry one day and bought mushroom ravioli.

I don't really know what I was thinking, I've never done anything with mushroom ravioli before, and now I have no idea what to eat it with. Red sauce doesn't sound super appealing for some reason.

What kind of sauce would you use with mushroom ravioli?

Alfredo sauce.

Best mushroom ravioli I ever had was at a restaurant in Newport Rhode Island. Muchroom Ravioli in cream sauce ( witch peas) and toasted almonds and pine nuts on top.

Personally I love mushrooms and mushroom raviolis in particular. I think they will be good with any sauce or simply with sour cream. As the matter of fact I think mushroom filling opens whole range of opportunities. It could be sweet or almost sweet or savory. I say go with Béchamel sauce.

Brown butter, toasted pine nuts, fresh chilies sliced thin, garlic sliced paper thin, tarragon, salt/fresh ground pepper of course... maybe some fortified wine, like vermouth, reduced in there somewhere. Finish with minced parsley and lemon juice just before serving. And of course some parmesan cheese grated over the top.
Add a little dried whole milk powder to the butter before it browns. <--- key maneuver

Last edited:
hy guys, i write from italy. sorry for my english. my advice is to cook ravioli and meanwhile dissolve butter with sage. then put the ravioli in the butter fuse,sage and parmesan. italians usually do in this way!

hy guys, i write from italy. sorry for my english. my advice is to cook ravioli and meanwhile dissolve butter with sage. then put the ravioli in the butter fuse,sage and parmesan. italians usually do in this way!
I'd go with this idea, you don't want to mask the wonderful flavour of the mushrooms. The more you add the more you hide the flavour. Stay simple and easy. Thanks lauretta.
kadesma

Welcome to DC lauretta. We have a few other members from Italy. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom