Sauce for pumpkin gnocchi?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The touch of sweetness from pumpkin can be pleasantly contrasted with a piquant flavour of gorgonzola...
You can do a tasty sauce with gorgonzola melted in cream, with a dash of white pepper and nutmeg.

I like the idea of IC, too though!

I suggest you to try with black cabbage (of course we can find it in winter or frozen)
Just boil it and then blend with olive oil and salt.If you like to have like a sauce, add some tablespoons of cream or yoghurt...easy and quick!
Simo

Simona, what is black cabbage? Could it be radicchio? Though they are more like purple, that's the only thing I can think of that resembles the description of "black cabbage", and yes, if it IS indeed radicchio, it is a lovely idea!! (though I would sautè the radicchio with shredded onion rather than boiling...:) )

, what is black cabbage? Could it be radicchio?

It's a kind of cabbege, in which we use only the leaves. It grows during winter time! Tha Italian name is 'cavolo nero' and it's typical of my area (Tuscany)
Simo :)

Thanks for the explanation, Simo! I never heard of cavolo nero... I must ask Cristiano about it when he comes home!!:)

Back
Top Bottom