Secret ingredient for Alfredo sauce!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How would Velveeta be better than already grated Parmesan? I don't even know how much Velveeta costs here - I don't buy it.

It was a joke. I detest Velveeta. I presumed it was the least expensive cheese, or if not I don't know why anybody would buy or eat it, but that's a different topic.

I'm pretty sure the Alfredo police would send a SWAT team after anybody who attempted to make Alfredo with Velveeta. ;)

You pay around $5 to $7 per pound for parmesan. I pay $14-$18 a pound for Parmigiano Reggiano. I have never seen the real thing for less than $10/Lb.

I'm pretty sure its Parmigiano Reggiano I've been buying. But I don't currently have any to verify it.

It was a joke. I detest Velveeta. I presumed it was the least expensive cheese, or if not I don't know why anybody would buy or eat it, but that's a different topic.

I'm pretty sure the Alfredo police would send a SWAT team after anybody who attempted to make Alfredo with Velveeta. ;)

Maybe if you called it Fettuccine Velveeto, you could avoid notice.

I'm pretty sure its Parmigiano Reggiano I've been buying. But I don't currently have any to verify it.

If that's the case, you are very fortunate.

You pay around $5 to $7 per pound for parmesan. I pay $14-$18 a pound for Parmigiano Reggiano. I have never seen the real thing for less than $10/Lb.

I only pay $4.99 lb. for Parmigiano Reggiano. I live in an Italian neighborhood. I can get just about anything I want imported from Italy. And I don't pay top dollar. And if I can't get it here in Eastie, I know for certain I can get it in the North End at Polcari's on Hanover Street. They still sell pasta loose from bins. That store is like they picked it up from Italy and dropped it right in the spot it is in now. There are handmade sausages hanging from the ceiling, rabbits in the window, big wheel of imported cheeses, etc. :yum:

Maybe if you called it Fettuccine Velveeto, you could avoid notice.

If that's the case, you are very fortunate.

Hey I never said that! :) It's sort of funny though. I think I'll take a pass on trying it.

I really dislike Velveeta although I have total respect for people who like it. To each their own. :)

Back
Top Bottom