Part 2 - Shape Up Your Pasta IQ Part 2 ...
My last edition, part 1, contained 12 of some of the most common pasta shapes in Italia; and thus, I shall continue with the following:
13) Cinesini: this is a tiny seashell shaped pasta 12mm. used frequently in Italian soups.
14) Capunti: a 25mm. short breadstick shaped pasta variety.
15) Gnocchetti: a Sardinian 20 mm. small shaped pasta variety.
16) Pansooti: an 80 mm. large shaped empanada stuffed ravioli variety.
17) Panzerotti di Magro: this is a 60 mm. square ravoli shaped variety.
18) Ravioli: this is a 40 t0 50 mm. square shaped stuffed pasta variety commonly filled with cheeses and vegetables or meat.
19) Triangoli di Pasta Nera: this is an 80 mm. black triangular stuffed pasta variety often filled with squid or cod or salmon.
20) Ruote Tri Colore: a wheel shaped pasta which comes in 3 colors; green for spinach, red for red pepper or tomato and the natural macaroni shaped, 24 mm. which is a favorite of children.
Have a lovely wkend,