"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2019, 12:46 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Today, this is as good as it was way back then, but tonight I added sun dried chopped tomatoes to the mixture with rave results for such a simple recipe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P3230004[1].jpg
Views:	18
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	34149  

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:24 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Today, this is as good as it was way back then, but tonight I added sun dried chopped tomatoes to the mixture with rave results for such a simple recipe.
I always have rice and packaged onion soup on hand. Those two items stay on my grocery list, whether I need them or not. And canned mushrooms. Right now (Pirate did last months shopping) I have six small cans of them also.

One of my favorite veggies to eat all by myself is stewed canned American tomatoes. Pirate does not like them as just a veggie on their own. Good! More for me.

Tags
recipe

Simple Side Dish...Onion Orzo with Mushrooms I needed a starch side dish for dinner last night, and was out of rice and potatoes. I threw this together and it turned out great, and [B]really[/B] tasty, so thought I'd share..... In a med. size saucepan... Saute' fresh mushrooms in butter. (canned mushrooms would work) 1 cup of Orzo pasta 2 cups water 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup mix Bring to a boil, cover and take heat down to lowest setting. Cook for 15 min. Remove cover, and fluff with a fork. Return lid for 5 minutes. I was shocked at how good it was, with a wonderful "mouth feel" and flavor. Husband said this is a keeper. 3 stars 1 reviews