"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 11-10-2012, 02:30 AM   #21
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I'm going to try this one, but swap out the corn for peas. I really don't like corn cooked in things.
The corn is creamed so it adds moisture, just check once the ingredients are mixed if you need to add a splash more milk. I've made a similar dish with added salsa You could sub the corn for that too :)

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:17 AM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
You can make it with chopped chicken or ham for Steve Any white meat will work..
Cheers Snip

Old 11-10-2012, 05:50 AM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

You don't really notice the creamed corn in it at all, but you get a hint of its flavor.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #24
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
You don't really notice the creamed corn in it at all, but you get a hint of its flavor.
It just gives it something. My husband hates tuna, my son hates creamed corn and I hate mayo. Yet we all liked this!

Old 11-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

I was almost going to add another can of tuna. I was "sifting" through the mixture and telling myself, Boy, that's not very much tuna... but everything was just in the right proportion when it was done. If I had added more tuna the tuna would have been overbearing. As it turns out I'm glad I didn't embelish on the original recipe the first time out. Next time I will add more tomatoes, or thicker slices anyway.
I'll probably be finishing it off here shortly for lunch.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #26
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I was almost going to add another can of tuna. I was "sifting" through the mixture and telling myself, Boy, that's not very much tuna... but everything was just in the right proportion when it was done. If I had added more tuna the tuna would have been overbearing. As it turns out I'm glad I didn't embelish on the original recipe the first time out. Next time I will add more tomatoes, or thicker slices anyway.
I'll probably be finishing it off here shortly for lunch.
Was thinking the same thing but I only had 2 cans and I'm glad I did
I also thought it needed more tomatoes so I added some grilled tomato on the side. Think I'll add thicker slices next time too, thanks for the idea
P.S I want your hamburger slosh recipe please!!!!

Old 11-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
It just gives it something. My husband hates tuna, my son hates creamed corn and I hate mayo. Yet we all liked this!
That is amazing

Tags
cheese?, pasta, recipe, tuna

Snip's Tuna Mayo Pasta Bake This dish was dinner tonight. I'm not a big fan of tuna mayo since I don't like mayo but this turned out so yummy I just have to share :yum: 1 pkt of large pasta shells cooked and drained. 2 cans of tuna 1 can of creamstyle sweetcorn 1 onion finely chopped 1 and 1/2 cups of mayonnaise 1 cup of milk 1 cup of cream 3 eggs beaten aromat or seasoning salt Freshly ground black pepper 1 cup of grated cheddar 1 cup of grated mozzarella 2 medium tomatoes thinly sliced Mix drained tuna, sweetcorn, chopped onion, mayonnaise, milk and cream well. Add aromat or seasoning salt and black pepper to taste. Once seasoned enough add the beaten eggs and half of the cheddar. Mix in the cooked pasta shells. Spoon evenly into large lasagna dish. Top with tomato slices and all the leftover grated cheese mixed. Sprinkle with a bit more salt and pepper. Bake for 40 mins at 320F and place under the broiler or grill for 5 more minutes to brown cheese. Allow to cool for 15 minutes and serve as is or with a crisp green salad. Enjoy! 3 stars 1 reviews