Soba Noodles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
Soba Noodles
Yield: 1 pt sauce

This recipe is great for a side dish with Asian-inspired fish. This recipe will yield quite a bit of sauce, while the noodle portions will yield enough for a couple servings. The sauce doesn’t spoil quickly, so keep it covered and refrigerated for awhile, and use as needed.

For the Sauce:
¾ c soy
¼ + 2 T c water
2 t ginger
2 t garlic
1 ½ t chile-garlic paste
2 T aji-mirin
1 ½ t sesame oil
4 - 5 green onions, sliced
For the Noodles:
8 oz Chinese noodles, or angel-hair pasta, al dente
2 T Bok Choy, sliced cross-wise
2 T Napa cabbage, slice cross-wise
2 T julienned bell peppers, of all colors
2 T julienned snow peas
Peanut oil for stir-frying

Emulsify all the sauce ingredients and set aside. In a skillet or wok, heat the oil. Add the cabbage, bell peppers, and snow peas. Stir-fry over high heat briefly, about a minute. Add ¼ c of the sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and add the noodles. Toss until the sauce is almost absorbed by the noodles. Serve in a bowl.

Recipe looks nummy!! We eat something like this a lot using kojujang as a quicky side dish.

Question though ... why don't you use soba noodles in it if the recipe is called that?

jennyema said:
Question though ... why don't you use soba noodles in it if the recipe is called that?

Exactly what I was thinking... actually I was hoping it would be a recipy for soba noodles from scratch, I've been looking for one out of curiosity.

That would be because I "pinched" this recipe from work. They use fresh angel-hair pasta for this.

I would use Soba noodles if I could get them, but right now, the nearest Chinese grocery store is about 40 minutes away at 70 MPH. I've thought about trying to find some dried chinese noodles in the interenational aisle at a local supermarket, but haven't gotten around to it. That's why I mentioned using the different pastas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom