"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 10-16-2016, 02:14 PM   #21
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnlaw View Post
Love lasagna, unfortunately have not found a recipe for one or two servings. But this thread reminds me of when, as a family of 4 kids, 2 adults, I would make it occasionally (time required and cheese $$ made it an occasional dish).

So I made it one day, took it from the oven to let it "rest". Went to the family room - the show they were all watching was about 10 minutes to finish - perfect! The lasagna was resting the garlic bread was wrapped in foil in the oven - perfect.
Show finished, we all went upstairs to eat. There was our German Shepherd standing on the table gulping down the last of the lasagna.

PB & J anyone? with garlic bread?
and how the .***. did she eat that HOT lasagna without blistering her tongue and throat!
I htink I would have scolded the dog resolutely, then turned to the crew and said; "I heard they eat dog in china." I then would have probably offered grilled cheese, or the famous pancakes with sausage or bacon, or both.

seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:15 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

SOS HELP with Lasagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnlaw View Post
Love lasagna, unfortunately have not found a recipe for one or two servings. But this thread reminds me of when, as a family of 4 kids, 2 adults, I would make it occasionally (time required and cheese $$ made it an occasional dish).

So I made it one day, took it from the oven to let it "rest". Went to the family room - the show they were all watching was about 10 minutes to finish - perfect! The lasagna was resting the garlic bread was wrapped in foil in the oven - perfect.

Show finished, we all went upstairs to eat. There was our German Shepherd standing on the table gulping down the last of the lasagna.

PB & J anyone? with garlic bread?

and how the .***. did she eat that HOT lasagna without blistering her tongue and throat!

Dogs are amazing people! Very talented!

Dragn, have you tried crockpot lasagna? You can make as much or as little as you want. Very easy.

Old 10-16-2016, 02:38 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

I made single servings of lasagna for my FIL when we made him freezer meals. I made my lasagna sauce (about a gallon - we kept some at home and took some with us to Michigan to make his meals there) and layered it with cheese and partially cooked sheets of lasagna noodles cut to fit in mini loaf pans.

For me, making the sauce is so time-consuming, I can't imagine doing that for just one or two servings. Here's my recipe, if you're interested: TNT Lasagna
Old 10-16-2016, 02:49 PM   #24
Head Chef

Well, guiltily, I have to admit, when I saw her standing on the table and the dish almost empty, I could only think of only two things... 1. the $$ that went into it. Not what I was going to feed the family... 2. how her tongue and throat must be burning... my bad!

I also envisioned her hearing us coming up the stairs and trying to gulp even faster to get it all in before we arrived!

Thanks Dawg, I'll check out a slow cooker one!
and thanks to you too GG. will get on it right after I can start breathing again...

man this pneumonia has broken but is dragn (pun! haha) on close to a month now. Debilitating. My daughter's litany has been, 'wait til I leave then cough yourself inside out and die' 'please don't do it on my watch!' LOL!!!
Old 10-16-2016, 03:00 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

SOS HELP with Lasagna

You can also doctor up jarred sauce. We like Emeril's Kicked-Up sauce, and I may add some crushed black olives, mushrooms, maybe some fried onions, a bit of fried burger or Italian sausage. Or you can just use it plain.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:43 PM   #26
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
Lasagna for two?
How about Lasagna Roll Ups?
There's tons of recipes out there ... just make your
favorite recipe (I use jarred sauce alot of times) but instead of layering,
roll and place in a small casserole;
proceed as usual.
Personally, I make up several small pans
of lasagna at once for the freezer (or to share with neighbors).
Click image for larger version

Name:	small lasagna to share.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	25534
I like those small-ish aluminum pans with the cardboard covers
for this. They can go from freezer straight to the oven.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:48 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

K-girl, lasagna rollups are a great idea. I made some a few years back, they freeze well, and I'd dig out a few at a time.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:20 PM   #28
Certified Pretend Chef

I also make lasagnas in disposable loaf pans. They happen to be just the right size for Barilla's lasagna sheets. The recipe I use makes three loaf pans. I freeze them uncooked.

As a matter of fact, I'm due for another batch.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:30 PM   #29
Head Chef

You really made me think Andy!
Once I have my deep freeze back (the beginning of December)
that's what I'm doin' !!
I'll be cookin' up a storm then, boy!
Old 10-16-2016, 10:32 PM   #30
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
K-girl, lasagna rollups are a great idea. I made some a few years back, they freeze well, and I'd dig out a few at a time.
uhhh, in a white sauce!
I'm likin' that idea of the aluminum loaf pans for Lasagna Roll Up!
Great Size for two folks and easy to freeze.

Tags
lasagna, recipe

SOS HELP with Lasagna HELP!!! I have two pans of Lasagna that I put together yesterday, parked in the refrigerator until about an hour and a half before we serve. The directions on the Barilla Lasagna Noodles box directs to cook the cold pan for 60 minutes, but then for the "just made up pan" it says to bake covered for 20 minutes and then top with the last layer of cheeses.... So with that said, would I still add that last layer of cheese at the last 10 minutes? :blush: I've never cooked lasagna this way before... can ya tell? :wink: 3 stars 1 reviews