SOS HELP with Lasagna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
HELP!!!
I have two pans of Lasagna that I put together yesterday, parked in the refrigerator until about an hour and a half before we serve.
The directions on the Barilla Lasagna Noodles box directs to cook the cold pan for 60 minutes, but then for the "just made up pan" it says to bake covered for 20 minutes and then top with the last layer of cheeses....
So with that said, would I still add that last layer of cheese at the last 10 minutes?

:blush: I've never cooked lasagna this way before... can ya tell? ;)

Yup!

Depending an the size of the pan I would allow 90 minutes for baking the cold lasagna and 20-30 minutes to allow it time to rest before serving.

I put all the cheese on at the beginning and then cover the pan with foil bake it and remove the foil for the last 15 minutes to brown the cheese

Yup!

Depending an the size of the pan I would allow 90 minutes for baking the cold lasagna and 20-30 minutes to allow it time to rest before serving.

I put all the cheese on at the beginning and then cover the pan with foil bake it and remove the foil for the last 15 minutes to brown the cheese

Yep, this is exactly how I would bake it, too. I've always added all the ingredients at once, then take the top off the last 10 or 15 min for the cheese to brown. I'd probably take the lasagna out of the fridge for 30 minutes before putting it in the oven though, just to make sure the inside gets nice and hot before the outer edges get too crispy.

Last edited:
So Aunt Bea, would say 20 minutes be enough time to rest while I make the garlic bread do ya think?[/QUOTE?

20 minutes, 30 minutes, another glass of wine or two, it's all good! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Z

I always put cold lasagna in the oven when I turn it on, so they preheat together. And I also cover it with foil, with the cheese layer on top, till the last 15 minutes. It will happily wait while you make the garlic bread :)

I have such a hard time getting DH to let things rest. He always asks "Is it tired?" No matter how early I make dinner, he wants to eat it the minute it comes out of the oven. I guess that's a compliment to my cooking, but it's annoying when the sauce from the lasagne runs all over the pan, or the meatloaf crumbles when he cuts it. Even if the sides aren't done yet, he will eat the meat by itself. Anyone have a straight jacket I can borrow? LOL

I have such a hard time getting DH to let things rest. He always asks "Is it tired?" No matter how early I make dinner, he wants to eat it the minute it comes out of the oven. I guess that's a compliment to my cooking, but it's annoying when the sauce from the lasagne runs all over the pan, or the meatloaf crumbles when he cuts it. Even if the sides aren't done yet, he will eat the meat by itself. Anyone have a straight jacket I can borrow? LOL

:)
I think that's a male thing!
the straight jacket is for me though ;)

Lasagna wine

BAHAHA! I just hope I have enough wine...
I wasn't sure what to get, so I have a bottle of white, a bottle of red
a six pack of regular as well as light beer... and DH doesn't drink; not sure what his buddy drinks, so... more for me :whistling

IMO, Lasagna falls solidly in the red wine category. Chianti preferable.

Too much going on for white. And too sweet for beer.

yeah, I realized the other day, I am not a wine snob, or beer or any sort of adult beverage actually. :LOL:
Red, white, rose, sparkling, cheap, expensive (free is best ;) )...
served with fish, meat-red or white, pasta, dessert or all by it's self is okey-dokey by me!
I do prefer microbrew or homebrew beers as well as dark or full bodied beer.
I tried a new beer for me the other day out at lunch...
https://www.prescottbrewingcompany.com/our-brews/new-on-tap/54-achocolypse
oh my!
very rich and deep, I know that I could never drink more than one :yum:

Love lasagna, unfortunately have not found a recipe for one or two servings. But this thread reminds me of when, as a family of 4 kids, 2 adults, I would make it occasionally (time required and cheese $$ made it an occasional dish).

So I made it one day, took it from the oven to let it "rest". Went to the family room - the show they were all watching was about 10 minutes to finish - perfect! The lasagna was resting the garlic bread was wrapped in foil in the oven - perfect.
Show finished, we all went upstairs to eat. There was our German Shepherd standing on the table gulping down the last of the lasagna.

PB & J anyone? with garlic bread?
and how the .***. did she eat that HOT lasagna without blistering her tongue and throat!

Back
Top Bottom