Spaghetti alla carbonara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My fave pasta. I love very runny eggs, and I still make my Ceasar salad with raw egg. You definitely would benifit from a very warm, heavy, earthenware bowl, and I like my sauce still wet and not set. You can use loads of parmesan to soak up the moisture if you don't like it too runny, and the hot noodles will also absorb any moisture. I like to put it in the bown and cover the top with grated Parmesan, then I quickly put a tight fitting lid on it and let it sit until the everything is ready and people are ready to eat. This also lets it finish and set.

It is supposed to be a Roman invention but, the best carbonara I have ever eaten was in Naples. Good quality olive oil, parmesan and freshly craked black pepper, and loads of fresh parlsey.

I also make another variation with crumbled Italian sausage instead of bacon....

Last edited:
it's not properly carbonara, ehm! :angel:
but the original 'carbonara' is not yet clear, because ther're several versions, coming through the tradition.
we think it's the usual lunch for 'carbonai' (workers of the coal), that needed an easy pocket lunch, complete and energetic.
but there's also an other version, wich consider the black pepper used on the pasta, that gives a dark clolor to it!:D

Back
Top Bottom