Spaghetti Carbonara TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GA Home Cook

Sous Chef
I was recently in Louisville on business and ate at a small resturant on the river. They had a grilled chicken and shrimp carbonara that was awesome. I looked up many different recipes, but looking for something you guys know is good.

I was recently in Louisville on business and ate at a small resturant on the river. They had a grilled chicken and shrimp carbonara that was awesome. I looked up many different recipes, but looking for something you guys know is good.
I wish I had a recipe to give you that works. Try as I may, with all the hints and tips that I can find, I cannot make Spaghetti Carbonara. It either won't come together at all or it comes together only to well and I end up with spaghetti and scrambled eggs.

I shall be wildly jealous if I read you've cracked it :)

Grrr!!

Kayelle, that recipe is very like the one I use. Here are the differences:

Cook the streaky bacon until crisp, but start it slowly so that it renders its own fat, and save most of the fat to liberally coat the bottom of the skillet. Then de-glaze the skillet with a large splash (1/4 to 1/2 cup) cooking sherry. Pour the fat/sherry mixture over the spaghetti and stir quickly to coat before adding 3 to 4 eggs, depending on the size. Stir vigorously to coat. (I use a wooden fork to do this.)

Then add percorino romano cheese. Top with crumbled bacon and serve.

Sooo good.

Kathleen and Craig, although I love cooking with wine I'd never use it (or cream) with this.

Just my opinion, but both wine and cream would detract from the perfect simplicity of really remarkable Spaghetti Carbonara.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom