Spicing Up My Rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All, sorry for the typo, that's terrible! Sorry for the confusion for you all.

I meant - 1 cup of raw chicken meat, cut into small cubes.

Cut into cubes of 1/2 inch or whichever size you like

Raw is ok, since you will saute it later. But if you have cooked ones bought from supermarket, that's fine too. Just use them directly.

THANKS to Timothy for your PM!

Thank YOU, Savory, for clearing this up!:chef:

You are right, Greg. You can always make use of leftovers in fried rice. Just need to make sure the flavours match.

This thread is starting to remind me of Comedian Bill Saluga, who had a bit that he did on TV variety shows. If you watched television in the late 70s you’ll remember it. A zoot-suited character named Raymond J. Johnson Jr. would appear. If you called him “Johnson,” he launched into a tirade:

Ahh, ya doesn't has to call me Johnson!
You can call me Ray,
You can call me Jay,
or you can call me Johnny
or you can call me Sonny,
or you can call me RayJay,
or you can call me RJ…
but ya doesn't hafta call me Johnson!

I can almost hear him saying:

Ahh, you doesn't have to use raw chicken,
You can use cooked chicken,
or you can use prawns,
or you can use bullion cubes,
But ya doesn't have to use raw chicken!

Last edited:
After all, the main ingredient, the rice, is often the leftover you started with in the first place!

I usually make rice specifically for fried rice. I cook it 1-2 hours in advance and let it cool off on the counter, before frying. The rest of my ingredients are usually fresh, intended specifically for the fried rice.

This recipe calls for chicken in fried rice. However, you can certainly use shrimp if you like. Indeed I personally prefer shrimp. Another great one to include is bacon. Bacon certainly adds flavour to fried rice. With fried rice, you can be really creative!

This thread is starting to remind me of Comedian Bill Saluga, who had a bit that he did on TV variety shows. If you watched television in the late 70s you’ll remember it. A zoot-suited character named Raymond J. Johnson Jr. would appear. If you called him “Johnson,” he launched into a tirade:

Ahh, ya doesn't has to call me Johnson!
You can call me Ray,
You can call me Jay,
or you can call me Johnny
or you can call me Sonny,
or you can call me RayJay,
or you can call me RJ…
but ya doesn't hafta call me Johnson!

I can almost hear him saying:

Ahh, you doesn't have to use raw chicken,
You can use cooked chicken,
or you can use prawns,
or you can use bullion cubes,
But ya doesn't have to use raw chicken!

You're so COOL!!! :LOL:

After all, the main ingredient, the rice, is often the leftover you started with in the first place!

I usually make rice specifically for fried rice. I cook it 1-2 hours in advance and let it cool off on the counter, before frying. The rest of my ingredients are usually fresh, intended specifically for the fried rice.

Totally.

Rice should be dry, dry, dry. The moist in warm rice will ruin the stir-fry.

I usually cook extra rice on the day before, keep in fridge, and use it for fried rice after leaving it in fridge overnight.

It's much too late for the OP to alter the recipe now. Editing is only allowed here for a brief time after posting. 20 minutes I think.

Yes, there is a time limit for editing, but a person can always PM a mod and ask them to edit the post. ;)

Back
Top Bottom