"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 10-25-2004, 12:15 AM   #11

Elf, the leftover pasta, stored in a jar, a bag, a dish or what ever, aren't "nice" either!

And the cost of discarding, composting, or whatever, for most of us is negligible...

Can we not meet on some middle ground and agree?

Lifter

(Blowing bubbles, having had my mouth washed out with Elven Soap, over a "minor transgression" in my usual earthy speech...but the elves are "different"...

ROTFLMAO!

Lifter...
OMG...did I just "sin" again?

Old 10-25-2004, 01:18 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
You are correct, the saving of pasta amounts to NOTHING as far as money goes. But be nice about it. But everyone was just answering the question. So I guess middle ground would be store it however you want for a day or throw it away because it doesn't cost that much. Unless of course you mean middle ground is how you want it done?

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 01:23 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

i purposely make too much pasta so i can store it for leftovers. it's great breakfast food, being loaded with carbs, and my parrots always enjoy some the next day or 2.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 11:32 AM   #14
Master Chef

it's not always about being a miserly or bad planning, lifter.
for instance, my 80-year-old Grandfather does this, as he is active and needs a quick snack when he comes in.
and say my family wants to take leftover pasta to work the next day... with a household full of people showering, shaving, putting on make-up, choosing outfits, ironing outfits, having something to eat, doing the dishes and scrubbing down the rest of the kitchen, cleaning out the litter box and feeding the cats, fixing and blowing the hair dry, doing laundry and folding laundry, vacumming the carpeting, going to the store, and so much more, all before 7:30 in the morning, there is little time to boil up a pot of water and cook fresh pasta.
if you have plenty of time, great. but lots of us are busy people and cooking up a pot of pasta each time you need some is not a realistic idea in my family.
Old 11-27-2004, 04:39 PM   #15
Master Chef

I'm with the group who say store separately. If you're looking to take it to work and nuke the next day, then toss together. It sounds to me like maybe there's what I'd consider too much sauce (to each his own) because the sauce shouldn't make the pasta soggy. If you like a lot of sauce, you really need to store separately.
Old 11-28-2004, 04:25 PM   #16
Master Chef

If you do it the way my Italian XW did it - it's a moot point. As soon as the noodles (spaghetti, fettucine, etc.) were done they got tossed into a big bowl, sauced, and tossed so the noddles were all coated with sauce. If there were any left overs ... she put them in a bowl/dish and put a "little" more cold sauce over the top. They were never soggy - but they never lasted more than a day.

Tags
None